Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Networking > Graphite AirPort Base Station and Leopard

Graphite AirPort Base Station and Leopard
fmalloy
Mac Enthusiast
Nov 1, 2007, 07:11 PM

When I installed Leopard, the original Utilities/AirPort Base Station Utility was gone, and replaced with AirPort Utility. Well, it does not see my original graphite base station at all. Even if I try manually by entering the base station's IP address, it does not see it.

So, I apparently cannot configure my base station. My graphite has got to be 7 or 8 years old and it still works great for what I need. Nowhere did I see that Apple was dropping the configuration software. I cannot find the original utility on line, and even if I did I would have to hope it would run under Leopard.

The base station is still working fine but what do I do when I need to change the configuration?

nerd
Senior User
Nov 3, 2007, 07:20 PM

I just discovered this today when doing some things at a friends house. Your answer relies in this apple thread. Basically download an old firmware and extract the old Airport Base Station Utility from it. It ran fine for me in Leopard on a Mini.

Apple - Support - Discussions - Airport Admin with Leopard ...

Forum Links
Forum Rules