Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > Thunderbird 3.0.4 gone nuts!

Thunderbird 3.0.4 gone nuts!
GFitzy
Dedicated MacNNer
Apr 27, 2010, 04:18 PM

Using TBird 3.0.4 for a while now and suddenly it marks ALL incoming mail as Junk and fails to move it to the Junk folder. No settings were changed all all appear to be ok. Anyone else experience this?

besson3c
Clinically Insane
Apr 27, 2010, 04:57 PM

Have you looked at the full headers of these messages to see what their spam score is?

GFitzy  (op)
Dedicated MacNNer
Apr 28, 2010, 09:44 AM

even mail from myself is now marked as Junk, also why isn't the supposed Junk being moved into the Junk folder as it is supposed to be? I'm afraid there has been some sort of corruption of the Junk filter internal to the app.

besson3c
Clinically Insane
Apr 28, 2010, 11:11 AM

Did you check your junk folder config and that the folder designated for junk exists? Is this an IMAP or POP account? If IMAP, is the Junk folder local or on the server? Do you have any rules setup?

Note that my suggestion about checking your spam scores relates to mail being marked as junk by your mail server, Thunderbird doesn't write spam x-headers.

GFitzy  (op)
Dedicated MacNNer
Apr 28, 2010, 12:17 PM

Note that this just suddenly started to happen, no setting were adjusted and all were checked and are the way I left them. Messages are being marked Junk locally, group addressed messages are not seen as Junk on another Mac with T-Bird.

Forum Links
Forum Rules