Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > Anyone received their MBP from MacMall?

Anyone received their MBP from MacMall?
danrodney
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 13, 2006, 01:28 AM

I ordered a 2.0 (then 1.83) MacBook Pro Built to Order with a 120GB drive from MacMall back on Jan 11 (the day after the announcement). And I continue to get the runaround on when I will receive it.

I know BTOs take longer and I ordered via MacMall to save money. I understood it would take a bit longer going through them, but it's now been over 2 months! I see that other people have gotten their MBP BTOs, so what gives? I was wondering what other people's experience with MacMall is.
-- Is MacMall the hold up here?
-- Anyone else do a BTO through MacMall? Have you gotten yours or any estimate of delivery?
-- Is Apple trying to fix problems and not shipping BTOs to them and that is delaying the order?

Let me also comment on my disappointment on MacMall's customer service. They just give me the runaround on dates. I keep hearing on these and other forums how other people get estimates from Apple, etc. and MacMall NEVER wants to give me ANY idea of when I will get this thing. They hope it will be in the next couple weeks but said it might not be until the end of this month!

I'd consider canceling the order except you can't cancel BTOs as they have to custom order it through Apple.
What do you think?
Thanks! Dan
Dan Rodney | instructor - graphic designer
Adobe Certified Instructor, Adobe Certified Expert
http://www.danrodney.com
I hope you'll have a look at my InDesign scripts.

onlykaria
Mac Enthusiast
Mar 13, 2006, 07:36 AM

i would try and make them give you an exact date in the next week, or cancel...

and if they wont let you cancel the nice way, you can file a complaint with your CC company, this usually can be done over the fone, leaves no ill results on your CC account and can get you your money back in just a few weeks. if you want to cancel because of the wait and the service, tell them that.... they can play nice or not.
Computers:
Macbook Pro: 17in, 2.16Ghz, 120GB HD, 1.5 GB ram.
iBook G4: 1.07Ghz, 60GB HD, 756mb ram (on sale for parts)

Forum Links
Forum Rules