Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Gaming > Any good games?

Any good games?
Rhino222
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Sep 27, 2008, 11:11 PM

Just got me a new Intel Mac 10.5.4 What games should i get. I'm looking for first person shooters and third person action games. strategy games are also welcome. my specs are:

Memory: 4gb

Processor speed: 2.4 ghz

Graphics card: GeoForce 8600M GT

rather new at posting specs so if theres anything elsei should have posted. plz let me know. thx!

Scooterboy
Senior User
Sep 28, 2008, 08:19 AM

You probably won't get many replies here as most of the gamers on this forum are console gamers.
As I have a PowerBook G4 my gaming choices are limited, but for FPS I enjoyed Halo, Jedi Outcast, Star Wars: Battlefront.

Your MacBook Pro will play Call Of Duty in OS X and really any PC game if you use Boot Camp and Windows XP. You might want to try out Counter Strike.

I haven't been impressed with many of the newer games that I've seen anyway and with almost all development going over to consoles, for a variety of reasons, gaming on PC/Mac is in a decline. Most if not all games are now developed for console, and if there is enough demand then those games will be ported to PC. The only games that I currently own that were developed for PC (and ported to Mac) are Jedi Outcast and Jedi Academy, and it's those games that I keep returning to and playing, weather base or mods.
Scooters are more fun than computers and only slightly more frustrating

mduell
Posting Junkie
Sep 28, 2008, 10:26 AM

Anything on the Source engine... but you'll have to boot into Windows.

- - e r i k - -
Posting Junkie
Sep 28, 2008, 08:31 PM

COD4, Age of Empires III + expansion packs, Civ 4, Spore.

[ fb ] [ flickr ] [] [scl] [ last ] [ plaxo ]

alanonnnforums
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Oct 1, 2008, 08:01 PM

TEAM FORTRESS 2!!! ...but you have to use bootcamp and run WindowsXP. http://orange.half-life2.com/tf2.html TF2 can be purchased on its own through valve for $19.99 and is downloadable. It looks like a cartoon on its surface but underneath is this complex, always challenging FPS involving 9 classes each with their unique skills.

Also, classic DOOM3 is a lot of fun. For some reason it's $50 for MAC (at Apple Store) but only $20 for PCs.
( Last edited by alanonnnforums; Oct 1, 2008 at 08:03 PM. Reason: wanted to add more info)

Forum Links
Forum Rules