Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Desktops > appleshare and revbimac

appleshare and revbimac
struikelsteen
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 12, 2002, 03:19 PM

I have an imac revb. Hd is allmost full. So I both a new one Maxtor D740X-6L. installed this using a std IDE splitter. Made 4 Partitions and copied the 8.6 system (upgraded from 8.5). It was only possible to boot from this partition with appleshare off. On the other partitions I installed a new 8.6 or 8.5. Placed back the old HD. THe same problem. Only possible to boot with appleshare off. When trying to boot with appleshare on I got only 3words "There is a " the rest is not visible. One I got a message bus error. replaced extension with new one. System check told result No problems. HD check No problems.
Can someone help me around with this.
P.S. a lot off stuff on this disk. games from the kids etc. Reason for a big disk with partitions and separate systems.
undefined

Forum Links
Forum Rules