Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > GUI Customization > Themers Please Keep In Mind

Themers Please Keep In Mind (Page 2)
cube3
Mac Enthusiast
Nov 10, 2004, 12:11 PM

I thought I would make it onto fireside hate list...guess that goes to show he doesn't hold grudges. Dj is the exception...

digitaljames
Mac Elite
Nov 10, 2004, 02:49 PM

Originally posted by cube3:
I thought I would make it onto fireside hate list...guess that goes to show he doesn't hold grudges. Dj is the exception...
In that *I* hold grudges or that fireside has one towards me? Me and fs just like to poke fun at each other but we have called a truce as of late to spare the OT posting. Besides, it's the internet...can people really get bent over an online persona?

cube3
Mac Enthusiast
Nov 10, 2004, 03:44 PM

I was just ppoking some fun of my own at your expense Dj...sorry I shall move along now

Twister  (op)
Mac Enthusiast
Nov 10, 2004, 04:11 PM

Can an admin close this topic? No one here can stay on topic and now this thread is just pointless.

Mighty_Mike_T
Nov 10, 2004, 05:33 PM

Originally posted by Twister:
Can an admin close this topic? No one here can stay on topic and now this thread is just pointless.
Many apologies for my part in helping the thread drift off-topic.

The original issue remains, though: is it really that much extra work for themers to supply their themes as discrete components (themes, icon sets, cursor replacements, and desktop pictures)? Put another way, is there some compelling reason for everything to be mashed together into a single (often times dial-up-unfriendly) guikit file? I don't see any real win for broadband users with separate components vs. mega-guikits, but there's a definite advantage for people who have slow net connections or only want part of a given theme ensemble.

fireside
Professional Poster
Nov 10, 2004, 06:54 PM

Originally posted by cube3:
i'm confused. everyone thinks i should hate someone.

and yes, keep all that stuff in mind of what everyone posted about the topic! its important.

wibs
Mac Enthusiast
Nov 10, 2004, 07:06 PM

Originally posted by fireside:
and yes, keep all that stuff in mind of what everyone posted about the topic! its important.
rofl
DigitalRamen sucks.

Forum Links
Forum Rules