Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > Two-finger scrolling and right clicking for older PowerBooks

Two-finger scrolling and right clicking for older PowerBooks
icruise
Moderator Emeritus
Jun 2, 2006, 05:35 AM

This is probably old news to most, but I was happy to discover that the program iScroll2 allows older portables to use the two-finger scrolling and two-finger right click features. It seems to work well on my 1.33Ghz 12" PowerBook. The only difference that I can see between the functionality it provides and that included with the newer portables is that the two-finger right click feature requires you to use the physical trackpad button. Apple's implementation of this only uses the trackpad button if you don't have trackpad clicking enabled. If you do, you have to tap the trackpad with two fingers to activate a right click. I personally prefer using the trackpad button even though I have trackpad clicking enabled.

http://www-users.kawo2.rwth-aachen.d...fazz/iscroll2/

This and enabling safe sleep have given some new life to my older PowerBook. (I love finally being able to change batteries without shutting down or being connected to AC power.)

slider
Mac Elite
Jun 3, 2006, 07:24 PM

Thank you for the link, it's the coolest new thing I can do with my old PB

Forum Links
Forum Rules