Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > 12" Rev A Powerbook RAM

12" Rev A Powerbook RAM
truaxbiology
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Aug 15, 2004, 01:19 PM

Greetings,
I've done a search and read all of the success of putting the 1 GB stick in the Rev A 12". My question is regarding the brand of RAM. I've heard that OS X 10.3 is very picky when it comes to RAM. Using RAMseeker I found 1 GB sticks that were within the sanity level of pricing. However, the "cheap" sticks were generic. Does generic RAM work with OS X 10.3? Thanks for any advice.

Rob
Miss School, Miss Out!

SupahCoolX
Mac Elite
Aug 15, 2004, 04:32 PM

Most RAM from a reliable vendor, generic or not, should work just fine. It's just more likely to encounter some problems than "name brand" RAM (neither can guarantee 100% reliability). If you install the RAM and suddenly notice crashes, strange problems, etc. then pull it back out and request a replacement.

Forum Links
Forum Rules