Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Developer Center > Website issues

Website issues
Mac Guru
Mac Elite
Feb 12, 2003, 06:54 PM

I have been running my website as is for quite some time and this bug is starting to drive me nuts.

My website SHOULD look like one solid feild of green, divided into different shades.

In Safari and OmniWeb there are sections that have HUGE gaps in them and all sorts of wierd white spaces that shouldn't be there.

My question is, is there anyone out there who knows how to fix this?

My website can be accessed by clicking on my graphic in my sig.

Thanks
Mac Guru

Millennium
Clinically Insane
Feb 12, 2003, 09:16 PM

You coded this in a WYSIWYG editor, I take it. Lots of FONT tags that don't have anything in them (or only images, in which case there's still no need for the tag), and a bunch of unnecessary tables as well (this site could have been done with only one table). Nevertheless, as far as table-soup goes your code is pretty clean; I don't see any obvious errors. You should put blank summary attributes on your tables, but that's the only other thing I can think of.

I see the problem, though. What you need to do is add a fourth table row, between your content and footer tables. This row doesn't need to actually contain anything; it just has to have two cells of the appropriate colors. Do not specify a height on it, and at least in theory it should stretch to accommodate the window.

Also, looking at your CSS, you have a rule for a tag with a class of "body", but no tags with that class are in the document. You should probably change .body to body; I think that is what you were trying to do (you may want to make it "body, td" just to make sure Netscape4 will catch it). This will also allow you to get rid of most of those FONT tags, which should help your bandwith usage.
You are in Soviet Russia. It is dark. Grue is likely to be eaten by YOU!

derbs
Senior User
Feb 13, 2003, 06:12 AM

i'm guessing you have your table set to 100% height?

Forum Links
Forum Rules