Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > Copying DVD movies

Copying DVD movies (Page 2)
decursive
Forum Regular
Jul 3, 2004, 07:24 PM

Originally posted by danbrew:
What gets me the most about your comment is that you seem to take the moral high-ground by saying that you don't steal software - except for the stuff from Microsoft. I understand that you might not like Microsoft - but if you have such a jihad against the company, why in God's name are you using the software? A bit too hypocritical if you ask me.

So... not to hijack the thread or anything, but tell me what you've got against Microsoft?

Also, I'll pay you $1000 cash if you can prove to me that you can live one day of your life in an average American city without somehow interacting with Microsoft products. We'll forget for a moment that you've stolen a bunch of Microsoft product that you seem to like running on your Mac. Assuming that you don't live in a cave somewhere, I just don't know how you can make it through the day without interacting with MS in some way, shape, form or fashion.
ummmm..... are you listening to yourself? you ask why one would use an MS product, then point out that MS has a monopoly on these things and you have no choice.

i am not endorsing piracy in any way, but microsoft forces you to use their product so they can charge whatever ridiculous sum of money they want for it. that's just not right.
= decursive =

Uncle Skeleton
Addicted to MacNN
Jul 3, 2004, 08:11 PM

Originally posted by picky7:
How can I compressed 8GB for 4.7 GB DVD-R. Please help me or anyone know about SIZZLE and how can I get it and use it.....
heh.

"1 + 1 = 2"
"what's 1 + 1?"
"I don't know how to respond to that"

ehunt
Forum Regular
Jul 7, 2004, 01:54 PM

How about using VPC and then using DVDXCopy from within the VPC environment? Just an addition to my note...I tried this and VPC running windows 2000 doesn't seem to see the firewire burner drive though, anyone know how to do this? Would XP work?
( Last edited by ehunt; Jul 8, 2004 at 11:04 PM. )
: MB Pro 17" 2.16GHz Intel I MB Air 1.6GHz I iPhone 3G I iPod Nano & Shuffle I PB G4 867Mhz I AirPort Extreme 802.11n I Time Capsule
MISC : Lacie D2±RW Dual Layer I Canon Powershot A700 & HV10 I SONY PSP & PS3(60gig) I Western Digital 500GB

wuzup101
Grizzled Veteran
Jul 7, 2004, 11:55 PM

Read about the software used above... that's what this thread is about. I don't have any experience yet backing up on mac, and I likely wont until someone else writes something free/low cost and comparable to DVDshrink. Heck DVDshrink is updated more times anually than windows . Great little program, I'll let my pc handle all the backing up until something like this comes along for mac.

Forum Links
Forum Rules