Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > Marketplace > FS:G4 867 QS W/17IN Flat Screen

FS:G4 867 QS W/17IN Flat Screen
SANTI
Feb 24, 2003, 01:50 PM

G4 867 1GIG Ram.
60 GIG HD.
Internal Zip Drive.
Sonnet ATA 133 PCI Card Installed.
Superdrive.
Some Software. P.S. For Training Purpose Only.
Mac OS 10.2.3
Apple 17in Studio display (ADC).
All with boxes and original software.
All in mint condition make Offer.

Any questions Email [email protected]

pixeljunky
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 24, 2003, 02:05 PM

how about just the mac no flat panel for about say $600-$700

SANTI  (op)
Feb 24, 2003, 02:30 PM

Originally posted by pixeljunky:
how about just the mac no flat panel for about say $600-$700
I want to sell this all together.That way I can ship to one place.Also $700 is way to low.

finalfantasy
Forum Regular
Feb 26, 2003, 11:50 PM

1300 good?

SANTI  (op)
Feb 28, 2003, 12:10 PM

Originally posted by finalfantasy:
1300 good?
Come up some more and we could talk.If anyone want this a real cheap price I'll have to remove some stuff and sell loose.

Lateralus
Moderator Emeritus
Feb 28, 2003, 04:39 PM

eBay.

finalfantasy
Forum Regular
Feb 28, 2003, 05:42 PM

bleuvixen
Mac Enthusiast
Mar 2, 2003, 10:09 PM

I private message you also, I offered $1400 but i don't need the ATA 133 card let me know

bleuvixen (at ) mac.com

thanks

SANTI  (op)
Mar 3, 2003, 03:55 PM

Just to let everyone know.If you like a very cheap price for this set up.1 I'll take out the superdrive and put in a cd-cdrw and pull out some ram,plus no ata card or software.I have heard everyone talk about getting a new mac for less.New mac with just 256 mb of ram and no superdrive is 1499.99.So this is just to give everyone an example.This is last chance for anyone to make a offer before it goes to ebay.Thanks

anim8ing
Dedicated MacNNer
Mar 3, 2003, 04:27 PM

First off, the new mac for 1499 is a 1ghz. Ram is cheap so that isn't a deciding factor. The new tower has blue tooth capability without taking up a USB port, and it also supports Airport Extreme. I'm not here to rant, but when you said that for anything less, you'd have to remove some softare, that pisses me off. You are trying to make money off of pirated software. Amazing how some people think that it adds value to a computer, when in fact it does nothing.
Maybe you should put the machine on eBay, as the mac users here are way too smart to pay more for a machine than it's really worth.

Anim8r

SANTI  (op)
Mar 3, 2003, 05:10 PM

For one ram is cheap, so for lets say for another $200. on a new ghz it would get you up to about the same ram.200. is 200. no matter how you look at it.Plus you would have to then buy a screen.The 17in I have is going for $550. on the net.So you do the math again before you start to post.

anim8ing
Dedicated MacNNer
Mar 3, 2003, 05:28 PM

Either way you look at it a new machine is a better deal. Although I see that you didn't dismiss my comments about the pirated software. I guess i'll give you that much. I still don't know anyone that would pay 15-1600 for a machine without a warranty. Also, I don't know where you are buying ram, but you can get 1gb for less than 130.00. The extra 70 that you save, will buy you an airport card, or even the Griffin Powermate.

SANTI  (op)
Mar 3, 2003, 05:37 PM

Originally posted by anim8ing:
Either way you look at it a new machine is a better deal. Although I see that you didn't dismiss my comments about the pirated software. I guess i'll give you that much. I still don't know anyone that would pay 15-1600 for a machine without a warranty. Also, I don't know where you are buying ram, but you can get 1gb for less than 130.00. The extra 70 that you save, will buy you an airport card, or even the Griffin Powermate.
The software is for traning only.If you read my post,That's what it say.Also what type of ram are you getting for 130.00 must be the pc2700 (266mhz)

anim8ing
Dedicated MacNNer
Mar 3, 2003, 05:40 PM

Training only. That's so funny. Does that make it leagal ? If so, please let me know so I can start doing that with the machines I sell.

SANTI  (op)
Mar 3, 2003, 05:45 PM

Training only. That's so funny. Does that make it leagal ? If so, please let me know so I can start doing that with the machines I sell.
You must go around the web and look for anyone who just trying to let someone try software and hammer on them.keep up the good work.

anim8ing
Dedicated MacNNer
Mar 3, 2003, 05:47 PM

I don't see anything wrong with trying out software, but making a profit off of it IS wrong. You obviously don't make a living in the software industry.

SANTI  (op)
Mar 3, 2003, 05:55 PM

I don't see anything wrong with trying out software, but making a profit off of it IS wrong. You obviously don't make a living in the software industry.
Making a profit,are you for real.Then what you are saying is that my 867 is woth very little.You are very wrong .This mac is in mint condition.So is the screen.

anim8ing
Dedicated MacNNer
Mar 3, 2003, 05:59 PM

Quote: Just to let everyone know.If you like a very cheap price for this set up.1 I'll take out the superdrive and put in a cd-cdrw and pull out some ram,plus no ata card or software.

Now, if you weren't trying to make a profit you would have never said that, would you.

Case and point. Conversation over.

SANTI  (op)
Mar 3, 2003, 06:10 PM

Quote: Just to let everyone know.If you like a very cheap price for this set up.1 I'll take out the superdrive and put in a cd-cdrw and pull out some ram,plus no ata card or software.

Now, if you weren't trying to make a profit you would have never said that, would you.

Case and point. Conversation over.
Case and point.Very detail about hardware not software.So if you don't know the software I'am talking about,don't assume.Period.Case and point

anim8ing
Dedicated MacNNer
Mar 3, 2003, 06:12 PM

Quote: Some Software. P.S. For Training Purpose Only. pull out some ram,plus no ata card or software.

I don't think there is much to assume, is there ?

finalfantasy
Forum Regular
Mar 3, 2003, 11:51 PM

debate over anim8ing wins.

Lateralus
Moderator Emeritus
Mar 4, 2003, 12:45 AM

/me sits back with his popcorn.

SANTI  (op)
Mar 4, 2003, 09:56 AM

Originally posted by finalfantasy:
debate over anim8ing wins.
Sure you say that since all you want to pay is 1315 for this system.

SANTI  (op)
Mar 4, 2003, 10:03 AM

Just for all those who know price so well.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...category=14912

mikellanes
Mac Elite
Mar 4, 2003, 04:32 PM

and here are a few DUAL 867s that finishes for around $900 on eBay

and there are many singles for under and just over $1000 if you look, also ebay prices tend to be high, so if thats what your looking to get that is the best place to go...

just because he's asking $1475 dosent mean hes ging to get it, if that was such a great price it would be SOLD

SANTI  (op)
Mar 4, 2003, 04:52 PM

Originally posted by mikellanes:
and here are a few DUAL 867s that finishes for around $900 on eBay

and there are many singles for under and just over $1000 if you look, also ebay prices tend to be high, so if thats what your looking to get that is the best place to go...

just because he's asking $1475 dosent mean hes ging to get it, if that was such a great price it would be SOLD
Sure that's why the seller has no rating at all.just because you post on ebay doesn't mean that your going to get that item.Plus where is this seller from.P.S. Where do you go to get an idea for pricing let me know.

Luca Rescigno
Professional Poster
Mar 4, 2003, 05:05 PM

Made a long post... then realized it's a single 867 instead of a dual.

In which case I'd say it's worth about $800 for the computer and about $500 for the monitor. And no, the software does not add ANYTHING to the price, so there's no reason to remove it if someone wants you to reduce the price a bit. I'd say just avoid controversy altogether and remove all the software before shipping, leave it factory-stock with the exception of Apple's official updates.
( Last edited by Luca Rescigno; Mar 4, 2003 at 05:10 PM. )

"That's Mama Luigi to you, Mario!" *wheeze*

bleuvixen
Mac Enthusiast
Mar 4, 2003, 11:19 PM

I had offered $1400 for it without superdrive (-$300) and without ATA card, (-$100?) I realize its a pain in the butt to sell those seperatley but I think that offer was more than fair...

Toady I picked up a 1GHz single (w/90 day warranty) and a SEALED 17" LCD for a bit over what I offered for this unit. My mother in-law will be suprised! :-)

I usually look at smalldog.com and macofalltrades.com (thier prices are a bit high $100-$200) and also yahoo shopping to get a good price on systems, maybe you could look at those and see what is a good price?

good luck

superfula
Senior User
Mar 6, 2003, 05:47 AM

Yeah I'd say 1400-1500 for both lcd and pmac

Forum Links
Forum Rules