Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > Problems with Quicken 2001

Problems with Quicken 2001
rdgit
Sep 27, 2000, 02:37 PM

Anyone have these problems...

1) When the bills window alerts you to an upcoming bill, you select the bill, select "pay now" - the bill is recorded in your register, but is not removed from the upcoming bills list.

2) When downloading your online transactions through you bank within Quicken - then reviewing those new transactions not in your register - then selecting the transaction from the menu and selecting "record" - the transaction is entered, but it is not listed as "match" and is instead listed as "new".

3) Also...does anyone like the new bill menu/list feature? I liked the old one better. I don't like that if you have a recurring bill (like a phone bill) that varies from month to month, to enter it each time, you have to edit the upcoming bill (which edits all future occurences).

General thought - I used to have a PC and ran the Windows version of Quicken 2000 Deluxe. Without a doubt, and I know this has been said before, the Windows version is FAR, FAR, FAR better (not to mention more reliable and less confusing). It is sad that there is really only one viable source for personal finance on the Mac. I hate to say it, but I wish MS would create MS Money for the Mac. Although the Mac market is smaller than that of the PC, I would bet that about 60-80% of Quicken users would jump ship (if MS created a great Mac version - which, also arguably, they did with IE and Outlook...) It couldn't be any worse than Quicken - what a joke!!

Junebug172
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Sep 29, 2000, 03:29 PM

I agree. Quicken has been getting worse with each upgrade and I keep falling for every single one.

The billminder keeps coming up every time I start Quicken even though I have it set off. There are numerous other bugs and Intuit does not respond to any of them. If MS comes out with Money, I'm there.

donnyh
Dec 23, 2000, 05:04 AM

I had to switch back to the 2000 version for printing continuous feed checks. I have used Quicken since 1989, the DOS version originally, no less. The new 2001 version has no provision for setting up continuous feed checks.

When I called Intuit's tech support, at $1.95 a minute, the idiot tech said it was the printer driver for my Appletalk Imagewriter. Nonsense! I have used the same driver for years without a problem. As soon as I switched back to the older version, everything printed fine again. What a said comment on the company, their product and the lack of devotion to the Mac!

Forum Links
Forum Rules