Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > New C6 Pics leaked...!!!

New C6 Pics leaked...!!! (Page 2)
sideus
Mac Elite
Nov 21, 2003, 04:49 PM

First problem, it is a Chevy.

Sherwin
Professional Poster
Nov 21, 2003, 04:53 PM

Originally posted by driven:
I'll leave the Corvettes to those who like to be friends with their mechanic.
Heh. I remember a couple of years ago I was at a local garage where they had an early Ferrari Mondial for sale.
The garage owner wouldn't sell it to me on the grounds of my living within 100 miles of him: "I'm not selling it to anyone local. No way. It'll spend more time in my garage than it will in yours and I'm trying to get rid of the thing".

RooneyX
Mac Elite
Nov 21, 2003, 05:00 PM

I thought you mean the sequel to the Sinclair C5.

Corvettes are for armed gringo drug dealers.

ShortcutToMoncton
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 21, 2003, 05:30 PM

My own opinion is to not fall into a cookie cutter life. If something is extremely popular, I'll tend to avoid it. TEND. Not always, but most of the time. I don't like corvettes, camaros, mustangs, civics, or integras. I don't like T-Rex. I don't like Dave Matthews. I don't like snowboarding. I don't like Abercrombie. I don't like TV shows. Being different is a GOOD thing.
And being different for the sake of being different is a clich�d thing.

I'm hardly one to talk about being different, since in general people call me an elitist bastard...but I try everything I'm interested in, and don't decide on what I like based on what everyone else likes. I started boarding in my backyard in the mid-80s, but I still took skiing lessons and learned to ski as well before deciding I liked snowboarding better. That I further decided to get a race board instead of freestyle was merely another choice of preference, not based on what everyone else was doing.

But I digress. My point was in the first sentence.

greg
Mankind's only chance is to harness the power of stupid.

iNub
Grizzled Veteran
Nov 21, 2003, 05:52 PM

It's no Elise but it's a decent sports car. Typical of a Chevy design though, it's a straight-driving car. It's NO FUN to drive really fast in a straight line! It's a whole lot more fun to drive 100 MPH on a really curvy road than it will ever be to drive 150 in a straight line. Granted, Vettes handle well (for a muscle car), but I prefer the nimble turning of a small roadster over a large muscle car.

wifedoer68
Banned
Nov 21, 2003, 06:37 PM

Originally posted by ASIMO:
The Vette does not compare to the SVX no way no how.
Unless its snowy, or rainy, or you bring up things like build quality, interior design, and the ability to seat 4 people comfortably.

- Ca$h

nredman
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 21, 2003, 08:52 PM

pretty cool but to have a corvette i think you have to do it in the tailpipe everyday

"I'm for anything that gets you through the night, be it prayer, tranquilizers, or a bottle of Jack Daniel's."

Spheric Harlot
Clinically Insane
Nov 22, 2003, 11:37 AM

Originally posted by wifedoer68:
Unless its snowy, or rainy, or you bring up things like build quality, interior design, and the ability to seat 4 people comfortably.

- Ca$h
Yeah, but if you're gonna set up exclusive criteria, you know, an SVX is a **** car compared to a Dodge van, since you can't even fit an electric piano in the back.

-s*

wifedoer68
Banned
Nov 22, 2003, 12:52 PM

Originally posted by Spheric Harlot:
Yeah, but if you're gonna set up exclusive criteria, you know, an SVX is a **** car compared to a Dodge van, since you can't even fit an electric piano in the back.

-s*

True.

I bought my car because I like driving 'spiritedly' year round. IF you want to spend a TON more on something you can only drive sometimes, cool.

- Rob

JHromadka
Mac Elite
Nov 22, 2003, 05:09 PM

I'm digging the look of the 2005 Mustang:

wifedoer68
Banned
Nov 23, 2003, 01:49 AM

Originally posted by JHromadka:
I'm digging the look of the 2005 Mustang:

I like it.... though I still question the ... whole 'new retro looking' car thing. Why not just get the REAL thing? Like the mini cooper... the real ones are way cooler than the new ones. Same with beetles. Old beetles= cooler.

- Rob

JHromadka
Mac Elite
Nov 23, 2003, 03:34 AM

All I could find of the old and new coops was a tiny image so I couldn't tell the difference. As for the beetles, I prefer the design of the newer models.

Cipher13
Nov 23, 2003, 04:36 AM

Originally posted by daimoni:
Okay, people. Design brief: What would you guys do to a Corvette to make it less boring?

Remember, it still has recognized as a Corvette. You have to be true to its legacy, etc.

Note: I don't care about Corvette's myself, but I think it would be untrue to say that they're always sucked or that they've always been boring looking.
I don't know... I'm not a car designer.

It looks to me like its just a "cheap" version of the old design. I like the old designs - the really old ones.

This is just so similar, but "modernised" to the point where I equate the look with the cheap, plastic-y designs of today.

I just think it looks boring... dull... dreary... I don't know.

Just my opinion.

What would I do to fix it? Complete redesign.

cenutrio
Mac Elite
Nov 23, 2003, 01:03 PM

Why not just get the REAL thing? Like the mini cooper... the real ones are way cooler than the new ones. Same with beetles. Old beetles= cooler.

- Rob
I half agree. If you are just considering the looks, the old bug is fine but driven it is a pain. The mini still looks gorgeous, but driven it is even better. The old mini was the Golf GTI 16V of the 60s-70s.

The Mustang is just ugly, I rather have a 60-70s Mustang than the current stuff.

snct
Forum Regular
Nov 23, 2003, 04:06 PM

Make it look like the 58, or the stingray. Both of those were fairly good looking cars.

- Rob
When you see it from the top/rear, it does resemble the Stingray (rear glass shape and subtle double bubble roof) . I've always been a fan, and glad to have worked on this one. It is quite a bit different underneath.
--Steve

Kilbey
Baninated
Nov 23, 2003, 04:47 PM

Make it look like the 58, or the stingray. Both of those were fairly good looking cars.

- Rob
I like it.... though I still question the ... whole 'new retro looking' car thing. Why not just get the REAL thing? Like the mini cooper... the real ones are way cooler than the new ones. Same with beetles. Old beetles= cooler.

- Rob

Will you make up your mind!

What do you think of the new retro vs. old Ford Thunderbird?

wifedoer68
Banned
Nov 23, 2003, 05:36 PM

Originally posted by Kilbey:

Will you make up your mind!

What do you think of the new retro vs. old Ford Thunderbird?
I did. Someone asked me how I would redesign it DIFFERENTLY, to make it look, in my opinion, BETTER. The 58 Vette, and the stingray look GOOD. The newer ones just don't 'do it' for me at all.

That being said, even if they did make it look like the stingray or 58, I still wouldn't ever buy one; I'd rather have the original.

Is this too complicated for you to understand?

- Rob

Kilbey
Baninated
Nov 23, 2003, 05:42 PM

I did. Someone asked me how I would redesign it DIFFERENTLY, to make it look, in my opinion, BETTER. The 58 Vette, and the stingray look GOOD. The newer ones just don't 'do it' for me at all.

That being said, even if they did make it look like the stingray or 58, I still wouldn't ever buy one; I'd rather have the original.

Is this too complicated for you to understand?

- Rob
So, you want them to redesign the 'vette to look retro like the '58, but you don't like retro car designs.

Yup, it's too complicated for me to understand.

wifedoer68
Banned
Nov 23, 2003, 06:05 PM

So, you want them to redesign the 'vette to look retro like the '58, but you don't like retro car designs.

Yup, it's too complicated for me to understand.
I don't particularly care how they redesign it. I stated that the C6 looks like ****, and so does the C5. Someone read my response, and asked how I would have done things differently, if I had been designing it.

I would have made it look more like the 58, or the Stingray, since in my opinion, they were good looking.

However, I would NEVER purchase the 'retro 58 vette', or the 'retro stingray' vette, because the original ones are so much cooler. They're more rare, show an appreciation for automotive history, and are usually quite a bit cheaper. Take the mini for example... I don't think the new mini design is a BAD design.... but I'd much rather have an original Mini Cooper than a new one, because I like the original design better.

It doesn't surprise me that, you, a GM fan, cannot understand something this simple.

- Rob

Kilbey
Baninated
Nov 24, 2003, 01:17 AM

I don't particularly care how they redesign it. I stated that the C6 looks like ****, and so does the C5. Someone read my response, and asked how I would have done things differently, if I had been designing it.

I would have made it look more like the 58, or the Stingray, since in my opinion, they were good looking.

However, I would NEVER purchase the 'retro 58 vette', or the 'retro stingray' vette, because the original ones are so much cooler. They're more rare, show an appreciation for automotive history, and are usually quite a bit cheaper. Take the mini for example... I don't think the new mini design is a BAD design.... but I'd much rather have an original Mini Cooper than a new one, because I like the original design better.

It doesn't surprise me that, you, a GM fan, cannot understand something this simple.

- Rob
Welp gosh golly you are right. I better go ask my sister, I mean wife, if it's ok fer me to go out ona that there midnight moonshine run. I'll take the Cheby cause it ain't broke down in a few days and should be reliable nuph to go on down the hiil a few miles maybe or so. Me and my cuz gotta make a few bucks for the county fair this weekend. I wanna buy back my prize pig from my other cuz/sister.

Back on topic:
The only thing I don't like about the new vette are the head lights. The rest of the car looks quite awesome and technologically advanced. I love that the tranny is located over the rear wheels balancing out the car that much more.

I have thought about buying one through a special GM purchase program where i'd save about 30%, but my daughter probably needs some college money in about 18 years instead. I figure that the money I save now will pay for a year of college then.

Arty50
Mac Elite
Nov 24, 2003, 02:09 AM

Originally posted by daimoni:
Okay, people. Design brief: What would you guys do to a Corvette to make it less boring?
I'd fix that fugly rear end. When I first saw the C5, I actually really like the new design...until I caught a glimpse of the rear. It's so completely bland and dull. I'd compare it to staring at a brick wall. Seriously.

And the C6 is no different. It's like they spent all this time on the rest of the car and then just said **** it when they got to the back end.
"My friend, there are two kinds of people in this world:
those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig."

-Clint in "The Good, the Bad and the Ugly"

Spheric Harlot
Clinically Insane
Nov 24, 2003, 04:24 AM

Originally posted by snct:
I've always been a fan, and glad to have worked on this one. It is quite a bit different underneath.
What part did you play in development?

OreoCookie
Nov 24, 2003, 04:39 AM

Ugly. Looks like a revamped version of Face's corvette in the 80s (anyone remember The A-Team ).
I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.

wifedoer68
Banned
Nov 24, 2003, 01:44 PM

...technologically advanced. I love that the tranny is located over the rear wheels balancing out the car that much more....
Wow, that's so advanced! Oh wait, porsche already did that with the 944 a long time ago.

- Ca$h

Spliffdaddy
Posting Junkie
Nov 24, 2003, 02:05 PM

Words cannot describe how ugly the 2005 Mustang looks.

I thought the last 3 generations of Mustang sucked. And I was right. But the new one sets an unbeatable benchmark for butt-ugly.

I'm sure they'll sell like hotcakes.

Just goes to show how many secretaries there are in the US.

edit: looks like they kept the fake-ass plastic "hood scoops". That'll protect the marketshare of Ford's Mustang secretarymobiles from the New Beetle assault.

ASIMO
Mac Elite
Nov 24, 2003, 05:05 PM

That new Stang is way ugly upfront. And the scoops are still fake?
I, ASIMO.

kertong
Mac Enthusiast
Nov 24, 2003, 05:34 PM

- Rob
Actually, if you get another look at the C6, take a look at the back hatch. It tapers down triangularly, and looks *very* similar to the second gen C2 roadster's back window. Strikingly similar. The C6's back looks much like a C2, but the C6 still manages to retain its own "look and feel".

I really like the look of the C6, you have to really see more pictures of it to appreciate it. They blended the C2/C3/C6 together pretty well. I'll try to find some more pics of it for you guys.

and ca$h - at least we have the dislike of civics, integras, and mustangs in common.
I live my life one cool toy at a time.

Kilbey
Baninated
Nov 25, 2003, 01:44 AM

Wow, that's so advanced! Oh wait, porsche already did that with the 944 a long time ago.

- Ca$h
Actually, I should have put those two statements in two different paragraphs. There were a few cars with separate rear transmissions and front engines before Porsche did it.

I am not going to list the advanced technologies for you Rob. You seem to know everything already, so I am sure it would be a waste of time for you and me.

wifedoer68
Banned
Nov 25, 2003, 02:05 AM

I am not going to list the advanced technologies for you Rob. You seem to know everything already, so I am sure it would be a waste of time for you and me.
Good. I don't care what you have to say about your stupid GM ****.

- Ca$h

Kilbey
Baninated
Nov 29, 2003, 02:15 PM

Good. I don't care what you have to say about your stupid GM ****.

- Ca$h
But you certainly do have an opinion on everything I say.

einmakom
Dedicated MacNNer
Nov 29, 2003, 07:29 PM

Forum Links
Forum Rules