Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > Will there EVER be Internet Postage for the Mac?

Will there EVER be Internet Postage for the Mac?
jca
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 7, 2001, 03:26 AM

This topic comes up every now and then - thought I'd revive it for an update:

Does anyone know of ANY "Internet Postage" solutions for the Mac?

I know Stamps.com has their lame "send us an email if you're a Mac person so we can ignore you" email address.

Neopost's Simply Postage has a Mac version (although you see no mention of it on their website), but I've heard horror stories about getting it to work and their complete lack of support. (And I don't even want to throw OS X in as an factor.)

Are there any other options? It seems to me there should be a completely web-based solution for printing Internet Postage. (Even the USPS website will let you generate Priority Mail labels online with free Delivery Confirmation. FedEx lets you generate labels online also.)

Can anyone offer any help/insight? I really need a postage printing solution.
jca

jca  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 19, 2001, 11:43 PM

Originally posted by jca:
<STRONG>Neopost's Simply Postage has a Mac version (although you see no mention of it on their website)</STRONG>
Neopost has discontinued Mac support for "Simply Postage". Does anyone know of any alternatives? (Even using Virtual PC?)

Thanks for any help/info.

-Jon
jca

MikeD
Mac Elite
Jul 29, 2004, 01:54 AM

Well, this is what I have immediate experience with...

UPS is web based and will print postage/bill/whatever you call them labels. You just set up an account on their site (myups). Works well, I've done it.

USPS- From what I can tell, it works with priority mail with the mac and I use VPC to print postage for Ebay items (Through PayPal - I tried it on the mac but it only printed the sample and not the regular label - crashed).

FedEx- haven't tried it, someone here (prev post) said it worked.

I really like the whole PayPal/USPS/Ebay thing but they charge a $.20 fee to do so. But it hides postage, looks professional, and saves me time from standing in line at the post office.

I just bought a digital scale to weigh my items so I can make sure everything goes without a hitch.

I really would like to get stamps.com though, it just seems so nice. I noticed how there's only 1 payment plan now... what's up with that?

Mike
2009 MacMini 2.0 C2D 4GB (3,1) - Needs update!
11" MBA (2010 1.6GHz C2D)
iPhone 4 / iPad!
Hooked on Apple since the IIGS

SupahCoolX
Mac Elite
Jul 29, 2004, 08:37 PM

Originally posted by MikeD:
FedEx- haven't tried it, someone here (prev post) said it worked.
Works fine for me. Just have to remember to unblock popup windows in Safari

Forum Links
Forum Rules