Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > Sputnix has gone off its rocker

Sputnix has gone off its rocker
fulmer
Professional Poster
Feb 11, 2002, 06:10 PM

after logging in to audiogalaxy with sputnix, the app cycles through logging in, getting a key (so it says), connecting to master server, and also loads up the window with something something 'proxy test'. Then it eventually disconnects me.

Is your sputnix & audiogalaxy working fine?

BTP
Mac Elite
Feb 11, 2002, 06:15 PM

Nope. Looks like Audiogalaxy has been tinkering...

I'm waiting for an update to Sputnix. I wonder if OpenAG is working? (probably not)
A lie can go halfway around the world before the truth even gets its boots on. - Mark Twain

CommonSense
Forum Regular
Feb 11, 2002, 07:12 PM

Sputnix was doing that a lot yesterday for me, and rarely downloading anything. But today, the dam has broken, and all my queued music is rushing in.

Audiogalaxy goes down sometimes; I think that's all it is. I confirmed this from a PC yesterday running the official client -- I was also getting the same crap on there, too, so it's not a Sputnix issue.

Tarabella
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 11, 2002, 11:50 PM

Ditto. And just when I was trying to download the complete works of Doyle Dykes...

BTP
Mac Elite
Feb 12, 2002, 01:01 AM

I hope that's it. It's still going nuts.
A lie can go halfway around the world before the truth even gets its boots on. - Mark Twain

v0id7
Mac Elite
Feb 12, 2002, 01:27 PM

Sputnix better get its act together because I need the new Squarepusher cd.
_______void_______

malvolio
Professional Poster
Feb 12, 2002, 03:30 PM

Not to worry, this is just what happens when the audiogalaxy servers are overloaded. Try again later, and all will be fine.
/mal
"I sentence you to be hanged by the neck until you cheer up."
MacBook Pro 15" w/ Mac OS 10.8.2, iPhone 4S & iPad 4th-gen. w/ iOS 6.1.2

[APi]TheMan
Mac Elite
Feb 12, 2002, 05:12 PM

Originally posted by malvolio:
<STRONG>Not to worry, this is just what happens when the audiogalaxy servers are overloaded. Try again later, and all will be fine.
</STRONG>
I am really hoping this is the case, too. I thought it was just me last night when I got a million "new proxy test" downloads on my Sputnix then a disconnect, but now I see it's not me. Seeing as Aimster is no longer functional, and LimeWire or iSwipe always fail to find any song I search for, I have little choice in what file-sharing application I use.

All this just when I was trying to add some good ole Pissing Razors albums.
"In Nomine Patris, Et Fili, Et Spiritus Sancti"

dark3lf
Mac Elite
Feb 12, 2002, 07:18 PM

Using it right now and it's working fine. I did have a question about multiple downloads, I seem to be able to download only one thing at a time even though on my queue page, I have 3 selected.

SpYn
Mac Enthusiast
Feb 12, 2002, 07:48 PM

Originally posted by dark3lf:
<STRONG>Using it right now and it's working fine. I did have a question about multiple downloads, I seem to be able to download only one thing at a time even though on my queue page, I have 3 selected.</STRONG>
u need to have a certain number of songs available for sharing before u can do multiple download. i think its like 25 or somthin...
i wear maroon so your blood doesn't show

BTP
Mac Elite
Feb 12, 2002, 07:58 PM

The 25 file share rule is correct. Multiple sharing allowed when you share at least that many.

But with regards to Sputnix, it is acting crazier than Margot Kidder without her medication.....

New proxy test
New proxy test
New proxy test
New proxy test
New proxy test
&lt;disconnect&gt;

Edit: mixing up my conjunctions and pronouns again.

[ 02-12-2002: Message edited by: BTP ]

v0id7
Mac Elite
Feb 12, 2002, 08:32 PM

I've got so many songs that it takes about 5 minutes to scan all of them. If i click stop, does that make my shared files number lower?
_______void_______

SpYn
Mac Enthusiast
Feb 12, 2002, 08:37 PM

Originally posted by v0id7:
<STRONG>I've got so many songs that it takes about 5 minutes to scan all of them. If i click stop, does that make my shared files number lower?</STRONG>
most likely, as those other songs dont register as being shared w/ the audiogalaxy website.
i wear maroon so your blood doesn't show

[APi]TheMan
Mac Elite
Feb 12, 2002, 09:32 PM

Originally posted by v0id7:
<STRONG>I've got so many songs that it takes about 5 minutes to scan all of them. If i click stop, does that make my shared files number lower?</STRONG>
Yep, I would guess so. But as long as you are sharing at least 25 MP3s, you'll be able to do multiple concurrent downloads. You could move some of your MP3s out of the Sputnix shared directory, and iTunes or whatever MP3 player you use would still be able to find them, but they would be out of site for Sputnix and AudioGalaxy.

BTP
Mac Elite
Feb 12, 2002, 10:34 PM

Ok! Now its werkin'!

Now to get the good stuff.. How do you spell Milli-Vanilli?

[APi]TheMan
Mac Elite
Feb 13, 2002, 01:24 AM

Originally posted by BTP:
<STRONG>Ok! Now its werkin'!

Now to get the good stuff.. How do you spell Milli-Vanilli?</STRONG>
Hmmm. It WAS working, and I got a few songs, but it's not working anymore. I get a page telling me to download the client and have it connect when I try to download a song, even though Sputnix says it's connected and standing by. Hmmm.

malvolio
Professional Poster
Feb 13, 2002, 12:39 PM

I've seen that message once or twice before, and SputniX would still function. I guess audiogalaxy has a hard time "recognizing" it, but still lets it download.
It did take about 15 to 20 minutes to get a working connection last night, but I was then able to download several Kate Bush songs.
/mal
"I sentence you to be hanged by the neck until you cheer up."
MacBook Pro 15" w/ Mac OS 10.8.2, iPhone 4S & iPad 4th-gen. w/ iOS 6.1.2

v0id7
Mac Elite
Feb 14, 2002, 07:32 AM

Yep, I would guess so. But as long as you are sharing at least 25 MP3s, you'll be able to do multiple concurrent downloads. You could move some of your MP3s out of the Sputnix shared directory, and iTunes or whatever MP3 player you use would still be able to find them, but they would be out of site for Sputnix and AudioGalaxy.
Actually, I think I'll wait five minutes and contribute to the sharing of more files...it just feels better that way.
_______void_______

EasyKill
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 16, 2002, 06:48 PM

Has anybody heard of a Morpheus client for OS X? Or gotten the linux version of Kazaa to run somehow?

Sputnix/AudioGalaxy has been the best combination I've tried for d/l'ing MP3's - far, far better than LimeWire, MP3 Rage, etc.

But I like to keep my options open.

fulmer  (op)
Professional Poster
Feb 16, 2002, 07:07 PM

Originally posted by EasyKill:
<STRONG>Has anybody heard of a Morpheus client for OS X? Or gotten the linux version of Kazaa to run somehow?

Sputnix/AudioGalaxy has been the best combination I've tried for d/l'ing MP3's - far, far better than LimeWire, MP3 Rage, etc.

But I like to keep my options open.</STRONG>
supposedly there is a morpheus for the mac coming in June or so 2002. I assume it'll be for os x and 9.x.

v0id7
Mac Elite
Feb 17, 2002, 08:46 AM

"supposedly there is a morpheus for the mac coming in June or so 2002. I assume it'll be for os x and 9.x."

And where did you hear this?
_______void_______

Diggory Laycock
Professional Poster
Feb 17, 2002, 09:30 AM

fulmer  (op)
Professional Poster
Feb 17, 2002, 01:24 PM

Originally posted by Diggory Laycock:
<STRONG>C|Net</STRONG>
yep. thanks.

Forum Links