Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Gaming > List of Windows games that work on Intel Macs

List of Windows games that work on Intel Macs
jamil5454
Mac Elite
Apr 8, 2006, 11:01 AM

Like many people here, I'm very excited with the fact that I can now have the benefits of a Mac, and still play the slew of PC games out there at full speed.

Let's make a list of the games that work and the ones that don't, along with the settings used and general performance. I'm sure everyone has that one PC game they want to play on their Mac, and now it's a possibility.

EDIT: How about just a list of games that don't work?
( Last edited by jamil5454; Apr 10, 2006 at 10:18 AM. )

Horsepoo!!!
Banned
Apr 8, 2006, 02:23 PM

Originally Posted by jamil5454
Like many people here, I'm very excited with the fact that I can now have the benefits of a Mac, and still play the slew of PC games out there at full speed.

Let's make a list of the games that work and the ones that don't, along with the settings used and general performance. I'm sure everyone has that one PC game they want to play on their Mac, and now it's a possibility.
I'm sure they all work...why wouldn't they?

icruise
Moderator Emeritus
Apr 8, 2006, 07:36 PM

They all work. With Windows installed, the Mac IS a Windows PC (scary, ain't it?)

©öñFü$íóÑ
Mac Enthusiast
Apr 9, 2006, 12:35 PM

ahhh!!! finally, Mac gamers who manage to get their hands on the PC version of Star Trek Elite Force (1, not 2) have -no- excuse in saying that they keep getting pwned by running into 'invisible forcefields'! (that bug and many others aren't in the Windows version)

(i know, i know... old game, but there's still a lot of people that came back to it after trying and not liking Doom 3 or Quake 4)

Mac Elite
Apr 9, 2006, 03:49 PM

Originally Posted by ©öñFü$íóÑ
ahhh!!! finally, Mac gamers who manage to get their hands on the PC version of Star Trek Elite Force (1, not 2) have -no- excuse in saying that they keep getting pwned by running into 'invisible forcefields'! (that bug and many others aren't in the Windows version)

(i know, i know... old game, but there's still a lot of people that came back to it after trying and not liking Doom 3 or Quake 4)
That Seven of Nine model was hot

jamil5454  (op)
Mac Elite
Apr 10, 2006, 10:17 AM

Many times video games crash or have anomalies because video or chipset drivers have bugs. I was assuming we'd have at least a few games that didn't work because of the drivers Apple provides, but if you guys are telling me that an Intel Mac is on par with a home-built machine then all the better.

icruise
Moderator Emeritus
Apr 10, 2006, 08:09 PM

Well, I have yet to hear of anyone saying that a game doesn't work. But of course even pure Windows machines will have issues where a certain game won't run because of problems with the video card or whatever, so I can't rule it out. But I think it's safe to say that there aren't any major problems -- not enough to warrant compiling a list of games that work. Now if there are any that don't work, that would be worth sharing.

Powerbook
Mac Elite
Apr 12, 2006, 07:35 AM

Originally Posted by ©öñFü$íóÑ
I played the game through twice without any errors or freezes...
Or do you talk about the multiplayer? That I never could get to work against PC-Players.

PB.
Aut Caesar aut nihil.

turbopants
Forum Regular
Apr 12, 2006, 11:07 AM

For what it's worth, both World of Warcraft and Sim City 4 work without problems on my Intel iMac in XP. WOW actually runs a slight bit faster, and with more detail options on.

Forum Links
Forum Rules