Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Classic Macs and Mac OS > Hacking OS 9.1's Finder

Hacking OS 9.1's Finder
BlackMac
Jan 13, 2001, 12:23 AM

Hi there,

I've successfully hacked the Finder to add many of my previous custom key combos; but some just won't work, like Ctrl-T to empty the Trash, adding a Quit Finder menu item (in the Special Folder) and using Crtl-\ to show "About this Computer." Anyone successfully hacked this or know where to get the templates that will work.

I've modified "Jerry's Finder 9 patch" hack and corrected many of the resource locations; but the above noted ones just won't work. Your help/suggestions would be most appreciated.

By the by, I've found MOM's extension is the cause of it's crashing of the Finder.

BlackMac

------------------

chatlene
Feb 11, 2001, 11:18 PM

Originally posted by BlackMac:
Hi there,

I've successfully hacked the Finder to add many of my previous custom key combos; but some just won't work, like Ctrl-T to empty the Trash, adding a Quit Finder menu item (in the Special Folder) and using Crtl-\ to show "About this Computer." Anyone successfully hacked this or know where to get the templates that will work.

I've modified "Jerry's Finder 9 patch" hack and corrected many of the resource locations; but the above noted ones just won't work. Your help/suggestions would be most appreciated.

By the by, I've found MOM's extension is the cause of it's crashing of the Finder.

BlackMac
What is the "MOM's extension"????????Curious to know because the finder crashing all the time at start uo since I got 9.1.

rjenkinson
Professional Poster
Feb 12, 2001, 12:03 AM

that would be the microsoft office manager extension.

-r.

Richard Pinneau
Mac Enthusiast
Feb 12, 2001, 08:42 AM

Wow - a blast from the past! I'm just getting back into such machinations (as hacking the Finder) and hadn't heard about the Quit Finder addition for YEARS. Got a link to a list of such nefarious operations?
Pismo 400 192M Sys 9.1

Richard Pinneau
Mac Enthusiast
Feb 12, 2001, 08:44 AM

Of course I've forgotten the benefits - other than freeing some memory - are there any others?

?and if somebody could tell me where the "edit previous post" button be hid - I could make such PSs take up less space in future. ")
Pismo 400 192M Sys 9.1

Forum Links
Forum Rules