Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Networking > WDS Errors

WDS Errors
dampeoples
Mac Elite
Apr 28, 2008, 09:29 PM

I am getting WDS errors, which basically say that one device cannot be found, a few times a day, starting recently. Here's what I have:

Time Warner to Time Capsule, TC is set as WDS main, using n. I have the iMac connected via ethernet to this, as it is right beside it.

I have an Airport Extreme in the other room, set to WDS Remote, and was unsure of the setting, so out of the Share a Public IP Address, Distribute an IP Range, or act as a Bridge, I picked the first. I have another iMac connected to the AE via ethernet as well, and three laptops, iBooks and one IBM that connect, as well as a coupla DS's, Apple TV, Printer, and a Wii.

I went changing things this weekend, while I was away, it started acting funny, and I changed the AE setting mentioned earlier, but not sure what it's supposed to be set at. Also, when my wife works from home, her IBM only gets one bar (in the dining room) unless the AE is working, it seems to drop out all the time. Is there a setting that will allow it to not reset or whatever it does? It's getting annoying getting calls while I'm at work because she can't connect, or even worse, my children calling me over and over because they can't play with their Webkins

Forum Links
Forum Rules