Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > macOS > OSX Server 10 NOT SHIPPING!!

OSX Server 10 NOT SHIPPING!!
Alex Duffield
Grizzled Veteran
Jun 1, 2001, 03:44 PM

After waiting 8 days for My order that said "3days" for the shipping time, I called Apple to find out what was up.

"Im sorry" said the Apple rep, "But your order will not be shipping until mid or late June"

I was not impressed. My best guess is that Apple found some major bugs in it and put the brakes on the shipments...

I guess Id rather get a working version than a buggy one, but Im still not to happy to be told it would be here in 3 days, an then told Id have to wait a month.
Alex Duffield
http://www.incontrolsolutions.com
Fatal error: Call to undefined function: signature() in /usr/local/www/htdocs/showthread.php on line 813

plaidpjs
Senior User
Jun 1, 2001, 05:48 PM

Originally posted by Alex Duffield:
After waiting 8 days for My order that said "3days" for the shipping time, I called Apple to find out what was up.

"Im sorry" said the Apple rep, "But your order will not be shipping until mid or late June"

I was not impressed. My best guess is that Apple found some major bugs in it and put the brakes on the shipments...

I guess Id rather get a working version than a buggy one, but Im still not to happy to be told it would be here in 3 days, an then told Id have to wait a month.

Uhmmm... i think you're jumping to major conclusions... i don't know what the problem is on your OS X S shipping, but I ordered my first of three copies last Thursday and was told it wouldn't get to me until yesterday as it wouldn't actually ship out until Tuesday... on Tuesday morning Fedex delivered my copy of OSXS v10... color me surprised, but i don't think there's any "bug" issue holding up shipping...

Then again, it may be that they discovered or were informed that they shipped a final version that did not have MySQL installed as they said on the packaging and on the website. if that's the case then they will more than likely be re-pressing an updated goldmaster and the delivery of OSXS will be delayed by a few weeks to new orders...

As I said, however, based on your numbers, I would have ordered my OSXS after you ordered yours, and I did get mine!

Ciao!

------------------
G4/533 DP, 768 MB RAM, 40GB HDD, 32MB GeForce2 MX, 30GB VST Firewire Drive, and an Apple Cinema Display.
G4/533 DP, 768 MB RAM, 40GB HDD, 32MB GeForce2 MX, 30GB VST Firewire Drive, and an Apple Cinema Display.

macupdate
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jun 4, 2001, 08:30 AM

I received it in the mail last week, on Thursday.

Alex Duffield  (op)
Grizzled Veteran
Jun 5, 2001, 01:57 AM

Oh well... I guess it is just me... I called the Apple store again and was told the same thing. I will not recieve my order 'till mid to late June. I then called the apple store again and placed a new order, and was told that I should get it within 3 days...

Sounds nuts to me. Mabe Im getting the shaft 'cause Im in Canada... Any other Canadians get there order...
Alex Duffield
Fatal error: Call to undefined function: signature() in /usr/local/www/htdocs/showthread.php on line 813

speirsfr
Dedicated MacNNer
Jun 6, 2001, 06:14 AM

My OSXS isn't shipping until mid/late june either. This is the UK Apple Store for Education, who originally said 2 days.

Grr
PowerBook G4 17"
Power Mac G4/800, 1Gb RAM, 80Gb HDD, Superdrive, GeForce 4MX, Gateway 21" CRT, Apple Pro Speakers, iSub - Running Mac OS X Server 10.2
iBook 500, 192MbRAM - Running Mac OS X 10.2
iPod 5Gb

spiggott
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jun 6, 2001, 10:27 AM

FYI, I just got off the phone with my vendor, Software Spectrum, who said it was backordered until the 11th of June. Bummer. I need it now.

BTW, has anybody used the print server yet? I need to set up print serving to printers in a cross-platform environment and was wondering how well the new server handles this.

Alex Duffield  (op)
Grizzled Veteran
Jun 6, 2001, 10:42 AM

Well guess what.. My new order shipped! I guess I should cancel my first order...

Somthing is deffinatly messed up at the Apple store...
Alex Duffield

Forum Links
Forum Rules