Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > Feedback > Electronista and iPodnn login

Electronista and iPodnn login
Titanium Man
Forum Regular
Jun 27, 2009, 11:24 AM

Will these ever be fixed? I can't log in on either site. This problem has been known for over a year. I'm guessing people who registered a long time ago never had their information migrated to the login databases for these sites. It gets really annoying when I want to ask a question but can't.

ghporter
Administrator
Jun 27, 2009, 12:52 PM

Both iPodnn and Electronista are managed by the MacNN staff, not the forums staff; we're completely separate entities. Have you contacted the managers of either site through their "feedback" links?

Glenn -----OTR/L, MOT, Tx

Titanium Man  (op)
Forum Regular
Jun 29, 2009, 07:40 PM

You might want to change the text in the subforum index in that case. If I'm not supposed to discuss MacNN here, then it shouldn't say, "Help us improve MacNN and MacNN forum."

turtle777
Clinically Insane
Jun 29, 2009, 10:03 PM

FWIW, I was able to log in to both with my MacNN user.

I would consider myself as "registered a long time ago", so it must be something else that's breaking it for you.

-t

ghporter
Administrator
Jun 30, 2009, 08:04 AM

Originally Posted by Titanium Man View Post
You might want to change the text in the subforum index in that case. If I'm not supposed to discuss MacNN here, then it shouldn't say, "Help us improve MacNN and MacNN forum."
I did not say that you couldn't discuss the subject here. I just asked if you'd taken a logical step in sorting the problem out. WE cannot do anything directly to fix the main page or any of the other domains of MacNN. We can contact the management, but so can you, through the Feedback links I mentioned.

If you already have used those links and nobody's gotten back with you on the subject, then we could go straight to the top and see what's up... But we'd need to know that you'd tried and failed to get anything through the normal channels first.

Glenn -----OTR/L, MOT, Tx

reader50
Administrator
Jun 30, 2009, 01:48 PM

In theory, people from other parts of MacNN surf Feedback. schwachs is listed as a moderator on this forum, and he's from elsewhere on the 'nn network.

In practice, you mostly get us forum turkeys here. We can send pestering emails upstream if other contact efforts fail.

Simon
Posting Junkie
Jun 30, 2009, 04:48 PM

Originally Posted by reader50 View Post
In theory, people from other parts of MacNN surf Feedback. schwachs is listed as a moderator on this forum, and he's from elsewhere on the 'nn network.
Well the mysterious schwachs last logged on in January.

turtle777
Clinically Insane
Jun 30, 2009, 05:08 PM

Maybe he's German, and his nick indicates his level of dedication

-t

Forum Links
Forum Rules