Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > GUI Customization > Text Color's In Themepark

Text Color's In Themepark
DaveV1.0
Forum Regular
Oct 29, 2004, 04:10 AM

Hey, I was gonna pm Smeger about this but then I figured it would be of help to us all if it where in the forum.

What I want to know is the definitions of the new text colors as some of them are a mystery to me I've just been messing around with them to get used to them and with some a don't see a change I know it's there but theres that many I's hard to get a sample of all on the screen. The main thing I'm having trouble with is text in mail is it possible to change this i'm managing to change selected text but not unselected i.e in the mailbox drawer.

ArcticBear
Oct 29, 2004, 10:18 AM

Set your theme to Aqua.

Open ThemePark and make a new GUIkit.

Change every text color to something other than black. For items in the same "group" use wildly different colors, e.g. yellow, hot pink, olive green, etc.

After this, it might be helpful to take a few screenshots of what you did in this section in ThemePark and Photoshop them together. Print this out.

Export the theme and install it, logout/in, then note what colors show up where. This is what I've been doing to try and figure it out.

DaveV1.0  (op)
Forum Regular
Oct 29, 2004, 11:49 AM

I've done that and I've figured most out the trouble with that is it's very time consuming and I think it would be handy to have such info at hand for other themers it can be very tedious work going through them all and exporting and re applying over and over.

Forum Links
Forum Rules