Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > Problem with Pogo online games

Problem with Pogo online games
taldrich
Apr 24, 2008, 07:24 AM

Ever since I upgraded to Leopard, I seem to have have problems with Pogo online games, on all my Macs, which include new iMac, Macbook & G4 Powerbook, whether using Safari or Firefox.

It sometimes (but not all the time) crashes when I try to load up the room, or the table. The explanation given by Pogo is that the Applet failed, and I should clear the cache on my computer.

Anyone else experiencing this problem? It doesn't seem particular to one machine, so I am assuming it's a Mac versus Pogo problem.

Thaks
"most people are fools, most authority is malignant, god does not exist and everything is wrong" - Ted Nelson

ALANIOW
Fresh-Faced Recruit
May 14, 2008, 06:16 AM

I recently bought MacBookAir and have the exact same problem with POGO Bridge games. I am able to ask apple for help as it is still under warranty for 3 months. They seem to think it might be one of two things. My Wireless Printer interfering or Limewire which I had but have deleted today.
Software updates seem to have nothing at all. I am also surprised Apple seems to pay no regard to such problems.
Maybe if we could delete Java and re-download it ourselves would help but that is not a possibility.
Apparently after logging into POGO the machine keeps going to sleep for a split second which Apple say is probably caused by another program interfering.

So with Limewire gone I will switch off my printer and hope for the best.nce I will post it here.
If there is any differe

taldrich  (op)
May 14, 2008, 06:57 AM

One thing I am certain of is that it is not your printer or your Limewire. I have this problem on computers in my office (London), home (London) and home (France). They are machines from G4 to Intel, all with totally different configurations, printers etc. The problem has to be Leopard and/or Java.

I have tried downloading Java again from the Apple web site without improving matters. And like all good automotive and computing problems, it does not happen all the time.
"most people are fools, most authority is malignant, god does not exist and everything is wrong" - Ted Nelson

Trevor Gonsalves
Fresh-Faced Recruit
May 20, 2008, 06:32 AM

I have the same problem. I have tried everything including Pogo Help who were not very helpful. I have posted on several mac forums but no one can suggest a remedy. I am at my wits end!

Forum Links
Forum Rules