Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > macOS > Tiger: Strange Aqua button glitch

Tiger: Strange Aqua button glitch
Target Practice
Forum Regular
Sep 11, 2005, 12:58 AM

Anybody know why my PowerMac G5 (10.4.2, NVIDIA GeForce 6800 Ultra) displays a blue highlight around non-default dialog box buttons, whereas my PowerBook G4 (10.4.2, ATI Mobility Radeon 9700) looks normal? BTW, I included info about my graphics hardware, because hardware is the only real difference between my machines -- I meticulously keep my PowerBook and Power Mac in sync as far as OS and software updates.

Anyways, here's one example, but all Cocoa apps exhibit the same thing. Take a look...

MaxPower2k3
Mac Elite
Sep 11, 2005, 01:07 AM

in your Keyboard preferences, go to the Keyboard Shortcuts tab and change Full Keyboard Access from "All controls" to "Text boxes and lists only" to disable the focus rings on controls (it allows you to tab between buttons)

"I start fires!"

reader50
Administrator
Sep 11, 2005, 01:07 AM

Press the tab key while the sheet is open. Then the Space bar when the button you want is highlighted.

I get it on a Radeon 8500 and a Radeon 7000. And I had to experiment to figure it out just now.

Target Practice  (op)
Forum Regular
Sep 11, 2005, 01:10 AM

Originally Posted by MaxPower2k3
in your Keyboard preferences, go to the Keyboard Shortcuts tab and change Full Keyboard Access from "All controls" to "Text boxes and lists only" to disable the focus rings on controls (it allows you to tab between buttons)
Umm duh, I feel silly. THANKS!

Forum Links
Forum Rules