Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > Ordered My New 2.16ghz, 100gb 7200 rpm hd, Glossy, MBP today...when should it arrive?

Ordered My New 2.16ghz, 100gb 7200 rpm hd, Glossy, MBP today...when should it arrive?
PJJames
Forum Regular
Jul 20, 2006, 12:33 AM

Hey there guys...I ordered a new Mac today. The only real major upgrade I did was the 7200 rpm drive. I got the 2-3 days shipping but I'm just wondering if you guys know when it might ship. It's not letting me track the order online yet...so I'm guessing it hasn't shipped. Anyone else ordered this drive...how long did it take??? Thanks.

PJ
Full Pro Tools 7.1 M-Powered Rig.

mduell
Posting Junkie
Jul 20, 2006, 12:40 AM

It might ship on Monday or Tuesday.

onlykaria
Mac Enthusiast
Jul 20, 2006, 12:40 AM

i would say a week or less. not more. expect it on or before next Thursday
Computers:
Macbook Pro: 17in, 2.16Ghz, 120GB HD, 1.5 GB ram.
iBook G4: 1.07Ghz, 60GB HD, 756mb ram (on sale for parts)

RevEvs
Mac Elite
Jul 20, 2006, 02:49 AM

Oh, that sounds just like the spec i'm going for - let us know your impressions once you get it!
I free'd my mind... now it won't come back.

pinktank
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jul 20, 2006, 03:28 AM

spmeones not very patient. Youre proud arent you

Jason
Jul 20, 2006, 04:36 AM

I cant say when it will ship, however i will say welcome to the Macbook Pro club!
"Amidst all the hype of modern design and computers, we have remained true by generating the majority of our designs by hand, viewing the computer as a tool and not letting it dictate our designs." - Ames Design.

PJJames  (op)
Forum Regular
Jul 20, 2006, 01:49 PM

Originally Posted by pinktank
spmeones not very patient. Youre proud arent you

Im just really really anxious to get the machine!

imitchellg5
Posting Junkie
Jul 20, 2006, 02:19 PM

I normally get my stuff from Apple in 3-4 days with standard shipping.

dissapointed
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jul 22, 2006, 07:49 AM

Originally Posted by PJJames
Hey there guys...I ordered a new Mac today. The only real major upgrade I did was the 7200 rpm drive. I got the 2-3 days shipping but I'm just wondering if you guys know when it might shipPJ
yeah, a mate of mine said he snaked your drive and he's gonna sell it to me for 2fiddy. He told me it'd take 2-3 days to ship, so i asked how long it would take to ship and he said 2-3 days. so i dont reckon you'll ever get it.

jaydon34
Senior User
Jul 22, 2006, 10:06 AM

Man I never order Im way to anxious to get my apple fix. I run down to the nearest apple store and let the credit card swipe.
myflickr : mytwitter : twentyonethirty
17" Macbook Pro 2.6Ghz 4gb 200GB HD: 8gb Iphone 3g: Hp Mini 1000 Netbook

Burn
Forum Regular
Jul 22, 2006, 07:15 PM

Thats the machine I got =) Took about 2 weeks.. no rush order from Shanghai to Winnipeg.

Have fun, great machine!

PJJames  (op)
Forum Regular
Jul 25, 2006, 02:21 PM

Grrrrrrrrrrrrr! I got my shipping notification Sunday night at 11:30 saying that is was picked up and left Shanghai. Keep in mind, I got the 2-3 day shipping. Then Fedex hadn't updated the results for about 24 hours. Well this morning I got on to check and it said the estimated delivery date was August 1st!!! I ordered this thing on July 19th! That's almost two weeks and I really need it for school. So I phoned Apple to see what was going on, and they said that sometimes fedex just post weird dates to be safe and it should arrive tomorrow or Thursday. The rep also said to phone fedex and they can give you a better idea of when it should arrive. Well I did just that and the lady from the international shipping department said it didn't even LEAVE Shanghai until today....Tuesday...when clearly the website said it "left origin" yesterday morning. She said not to expect it maybe even by August 1st. Is this true? I've heard so many good stories about people recieveing there computers earlier then expected. I'm just super anxious to get this thing!!! Someone put some faith into me that It'll show up by tomorrow or Thursday and that Fedex isn't just yanking my leg!

RevEvs
Mac Elite
Jul 25, 2006, 04:43 PM

lol - be patient. it arrives when it arrives. Ive had things arrive way ahead of schedule.. once day it wil just turn up.
I free'd my mind... now it won't come back.

The_Atheist
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jul 25, 2006, 10:33 PM

It won't show up tomorrow, it will show up when it shows up. You can't simply wish it to go faster. Hey, didn't you go through like 30 MacBooks and was "done with this website for a very long time?" I hope the MBP is up to your spec.

PJJames  (op)
Forum Regular
Jul 25, 2006, 10:47 PM

I decided to give the site another chance. And yes, I did got through a number of Macbooks, not 30 though. I returned it and decided to order myself a Macbook Pro.

PJJames  (op)
Forum Regular
Jul 27, 2006, 01:06 PM

It arrived this morning....I am so excited. It doesn't whine at all. I can't believe it...it doesn't whine.

Forum Links
Forum Rules