Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > Thank You Apple!

Thank You Apple!
skyman
Mac Elite
Aug 7, 2006, 12:23 AM

I have gone thru 4 different MacBook Pro's all with problems. The 4th one I received from Apple had a bad right speaker. So, I contacted Apple and they sent me a 5th MacBook Pro (week 29 build). No problems, no whine. Finally a perfect system (fingers crossed).

Yes, it was a pain dealing with 4 defective MacBook Pro's but Apple came thru each time.

THANKS APPLE!
MacBookPro 1.83GHz - 1.5 GB RAM - OS 10.4.6

crzdc0l0mbian
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Aug 7, 2006, 02:39 PM

i would have given up on apple after the 2nd one....

Thraxes
Aug 7, 2006, 04:12 PM

And for every example of bad luck there are dozens of others that are enjoying their first machine in blissfull silence, like me...
15" MBP - 2.16 - 2GB - 120GB + 500GB External
Backup: Athlon XP2200+ - 1GB - 600GB
MythTV DVR: Intel PIII-500 MHz - 384MB - 60GB

crzdc0l0mbian
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Aug 7, 2006, 04:57 PM

well im planning on getting my 1st mac and if it craps out on me ill switch right back to windows... Im not going to wait till the 5th try to love it.. Apple will be like sony... 3 ps2s craped out on me and I will never buy another playstation ever. ONly 1 Xbox and only 1 360 and no problems ever.

I am really hoping the macbook problem is like the 360 problem were fan boys and the vocal few were bad mouthing all the 360 problems but when i got mine on Nov 22 it had no problems and since then I must have played for over 1000 hours and still not 1 problem

Burn
Forum Regular
Aug 7, 2006, 08:34 PM

Originally Posted by crzdc0l0mbian
I am really hoping the macbook problem is like the 360 problem were fan boys and the vocal few were bad mouthing all the 360 problems but when i got mine on Nov 22 it had no problems and since then I must have played for over 1000 hours and still not 1 problem
Another satisfied 17" 2.16 ghz MBP owner here. I think you're hitting the nail on the head crzdc0l0mbian, most satisfied users don't come onto forums to gush about how awesome their machine is... you mostly only hear from the negative side of things. Problems happen, yes. But not the majority.

the macimum
Dedicated MacNNer
Aug 7, 2006, 10:23 PM

i would have given up on apple after the 2nd one....
I would have gone back to my Powerbook..

ghporter
Administrator
Aug 8, 2006, 10:46 AM

Quitters...

These are NEW devices and there are bound to be problems-some small, and a few large-with anything so complex. If I'd had the money, I'd have had one of the first ones and taken my chances with getting a unit with a problem. Note that the PowerBook line is "mature" in that most of the issues with it are worked out (but by no means all of them!), so saying you'd go back to your PB is like saying "I think there are too many problems with this word processing technology, so I'll go back to my Smith-Corona."

How would Apple have gotten to the point where they could bring out products that are several times as fast as their old standbys if they didn't push the envelope a little? And how would they be able to continue if people didn't buy them?

Glenn -----OTR/L, MOT, Tx

crzdc0l0mbian
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Aug 8, 2006, 12:53 PM

fine it can have a few problems but im not a fan boy if I try more than 3 and they all crap out on me in 1 day... its done... Windows might be bad with virus and all but I have always bought Sony Vaios and they have never ever crapped out on me nor crashed. The only comp that ever was defective when I purchased it was a HP that I got at Sams Club. I then went back to Sony a few hundred dollars more expensive but def worth it. Just want an Apple because my brother has one, and can get me every program for free because he works for the new york times.

Burn
Forum Regular
Aug 8, 2006, 02:22 PM

WELL, you sure sound like some sort of fanboy with all the rhetoric. "If my 1st Apple isn't perfect, I am going back to Sony/HP/insert fav brand here...." Fine! do it! It's just a computer and trrrust me, no one will lose ANY sleep or $ over your decision.

I don't know how many computers you've worked on or owned in your lifetime (I'm serious, not being sarcastic) but if you honestly believe that any of the companies you listed are either immune or built better or with superior anything.... I'd have to think you haven't worked on many OR done very much research on the topic as Apple consistently places at or near the top of almost every customer service/satisfaction study done. Which is no big deal.. we're all conditioned to buy what our friends use...

.....thats a simple reason as to why so many ppl buy PC's.. it's where they're getting all their free pirated software from that matters.

Unbelievable.

skyman  (op)
Mac Elite
Aug 9, 2006, 04:09 PM

Let me clarify a few things.

1- I have been an Apple customer since the Apple ][.
2- I have never had any problems with previous Apple products. All four of my previous PowerBooks have been bullet proof.
3- The MacBook Pro BLOWS away my 1GHz Ti PowerBook hands down! The MacBook Pro screams!
4- The MacBook Pro is Apple's first MAJOR hardware upgrade in years, so I am not surprised there have been issues.
5- The problems I had with the first four were the whine, a bad speaker and overheating.
6- The current MacBook Pro has none of these issues. Apple has resolved all these issues.

Can't wait for Core2Duo.

SirCastor
Professional Poster
Aug 9, 2006, 04:23 PM

Just want an Apple because my brother has one, and can get me every program for free because he works for the new york times.
As in "I get free stuff because the New Yorks Times is really generous and they buy software for their employees' family members?" or "The New York times has software, so I can pirate it because I know a guy on the inside" ?

Or is there a third option I'm missing?
2008 iMac 3.06 Ghz, 2GB Memory, GeForce 8800, 500GB HD, SuperDrive
8gb iPhone on Tmobile

skyman  (op)
Mac Elite
Aug 9, 2006, 05:08 PM

Just want an Apple because my brother has one, and can get me every program for free because he works for the new york times.
Humm, last time I checked that was called stealing!

Burn
Forum Regular
Aug 10, 2006, 01:07 PM

Originally Posted by skyman
Let me clarify a few things.
My response was for crzdc0l0mbian, skyman. No one needs to rationalize their history.. you obviously know what's up. I should have quoted the post I was responding to.

Forum Links
Forum Rules