Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Desktops > Mac Mini, TV adapter, Living Room pleasure, but...

Mac Mini, TV adapter, Living Room pleasure, but...
I WAS the One
Grizzled Veteran
Jan 17, 2005, 09:11 PM

I want to buy the Mac Mini, just for iLife and surf the net via my TV right in my living room, of course I want to show my co-workers the joy of living the Mac Life, He he... but something's missing and maybe you guys can help me, thoug... Remember the webTV keyboard with the mouse controller in a corner of it? is there a posibility that I can find a wireless keyboard like that? I think if I found that, My dream will be fulfilled.
If somebody knows about a keyboard like that, please let me know. thanxs
Enjoy My Mac Comic @ BLAST COMICS

I WAS the One  (op)
Grizzled Veteran
Jan 17, 2005, 09:18 PM

Hey! I found out something, but it's not Mac compatible so... please help me find it for Mac mini.

http://www.fentek-ind.com/kbtvir.htm#kbmw
Enjoy My Mac Comic @ BLAST COMICS

osxisfun
Jan 17, 2005, 09:31 PM

you could also BTO bluetooth and use a bluetooth keyboard and mouse

Casper Crane
Dedicated MacNNer
Jan 18, 2005, 03:31 AM

that's not what the One wants. the One wants something like this, which HP is now featuring in their REAL home theater PC:

http://www.infosyncworld.com/news/n/5719.html

i know we are all mac heads here. i wish it weren't true, but Apple is just beginning in the living room market, and Windows Media Center PCs are years ahead. in both software and hardware. Apple should have done this 3 years ago, and then it would be the iPod of the living room. Maybe they can still pull it off since they have the momentum. i sure hope so.

but here's how they should do it, more or less. take the best the features of the device i have linked to, and make it cute, and sub-$1000.

as it is now, you'll buy a Mac mini, have to tack on an EyeTv or something like that, and then buy a wireless keyboard/mouse combo, a Remote Wonder (although EyeTV sells something combined with Remote Wonder now), then you've got something like an HTPC, but it's a mess, and the software will make you wish you just got a TiVo. which is not a bad alternative by the way.

why did i get started?

tooki
Admin Emeritus
Jan 18, 2005, 03:51 AM

Ahem, we said NO MORE Mac mini threads. Use an existing one!

tooki

Forum Links
Forum Rules