Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Our Archives > General Archives > Macs in the Media > Why does HP use Macs?

Why does HP use Macs?
JUnderwood
Dedicated MacNNer
Apr 18, 2001, 11:20 PM

In a commercal hp is trying to show that their handheld pc is all bad and can be used to listen to music. I have looked for a Pocket PC but gave up trying to figure out that everywhere I when to bu one eeryone said it was not mac compatible. But in the commercal she uses a mac to send files to it.

How?

------------------
Ride the big one.
Jonathan

firefly
Apr 29, 2001, 11:09 AM

Probably because the mac looks cooler, but probably doesn't work in practice. It's all marketing.

Raman
Mac Elite
May 19, 2001, 12:50 PM

It is marketing but there's something called "Truth in advertising" there's also something called "False Advertising".

You do have recourse against HP if you were denied a refund because your product didn't work with the products they showed it working with.

JUnderwood  (op)
Dedicated MacNNer
May 22, 2001, 12:18 PM

I was looking for a PDA and later in the month I saw the ad and then said, "Hey, maybe that one will work." The went to CNet and saw that It is not mac compatible. So I got a Visor.

------------------
Make 7 Up Yours.
Jonathan

Forum Links
Forum Rules