Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Consumer Hardware & Components > Deep trouble w/Epson stylus color 640 Help!

Deep trouble w/Epson stylus color 640 Help!
rampel
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Sep 16, 2003, 02:32 AM

Epson Stylus Color 640, was working fine with OS 9.2.2 and XP Pro.

I was moving some gagets on my desk, the printer while "on" got unplugged. After re-plugging it tries to start - then all three red diods (Paper, Black, Color) and the Power On light keep flashing and that's it.
I tried pressing for 3 Scnds each one of the buttons but No Go.
Nor could I find any reference to Such a problem in the Manuals

Help will be most appreciated

TIA

reynard
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Sep 17, 2003, 12:16 AM

This is a longshot but can't hurt to try.
Ive got an Epson 740i that periodically has a problem that may be what you are suffering from.

When you turn it on, does the carriage (if thats the correct term) slam to one side? Mine does that then all the lights flash on. Here is the cure for me. Simply lift the hood and move the paper thickness lever on the upper right to whatever it is NOT on. Start it up again and see. If it works, flip the lever back to where it was if you'd like. It works for me. Might have to do it more than once.

Ive had two 740i s. One was given to me. Both developed the same problem. One responds to my fix, the other began responding less and less til I had to toss it.

rampel  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Sep 17, 2003, 01:15 AM

Originally posted by reynard:
This is a longshot but can't hurt to try.
Ive got an Epson 740i that periodically has a problem that may be what you are suffering from.

When you turn it on, does the carriage (if thats the correct term) slam to one side? Mine does that then all the lights flash on. Here is the cure for me. Simply lift the hood and move the paper thickness lever on the upper right to whatever it is NOT on. Start it up again and see. If it works, flip the lever back to where it was if you'd like. It works for me. Might have to do it more than once.

Ive had two 740i s. One was given to me. Both developed the same problem. One responds to my fix, the other began responding less and less til I had to toss it.
Tried it twice but No Go. I'll try a few more times.

Thanks anyway

Forum Links
Forum Rules