Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Alternative Operating Systems > Mandrake 8.x PPC problem

Mandrake 8.x PPC problem
rampel
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 31, 2002, 12:44 PM

I am trying to install Mandrake 8.2 Beta. I get to the point where the installer gives me the choice of selecting the boot/install media or server. When I select CD drive I get the reply it cannot find it, and then, a long list of devices of which I am supposed to select one amd I have no clue which one. I also tried to boot into Open Firmware pressing alt + command + o & f at reboot but no go. My machine is a 9600 with a 3rd party G3 @ 466 Mhz, 448 MB Ram OS 9.2.2 but patched for Old World machines and my target drive is 4.5 Gig, 300MB allocated for MacOS. I tried to install YollowDog 2.1 and got stuck at exactly the same point.

Any ideas / suggestions welcomr

TIA

plavigna
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Apr 1, 2002, 12:46 AM

If you subscribe to the Mandrake PPC Cooker mailing list, you can ask one of the MandrakeSoft developers about your problem. Since 8.2 is still a beta, I'm sure they would like to hear from you.

Subscribe to the Cooker-PPC mailing list by sending an email to [email protected] with the words "SUB cooker-ppc" (without the quotes) in the body of your message.

Good luck,
Phil

rampel  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Apr 2, 2002, 11:42 AM

Thanks, I hope it will work

Originally posted by plavigna:
<STRONG>If you subscribe to the Mandrake PPC Cooker mailing list, you can ask one of the MandrakeSoft developers about your problem. Since 8.2 is still a beta, I'm sure they would like to hear from you.

Subscribe to the Cooker-PPC mailing list by sending an email to [email protected] with the words "SUB cooker-ppc" (without the quotes) in the body of your message.

Good luck,
Phil</STRONG>

Forum Links
Forum Rules