Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Networking > Help Changing Port Numbers

Help Changing Port Numbers
zeebe
Grizzled Veteran
Dec 5, 2003, 09:01 AM

Hello, I have port 407 (Timbuktu) set to one computer's IP address, and I want to switch it to allow me to see a different computer's address, what command do I use in the router for that?
Thanks

Support a charity as you search the Internet - Use GoodSearch - I support Sacred Heart School.

big_kahuna
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Dec 5, 2003, 12:14 PM

Originally posted by zeebe:
Hello, I have port 407 (Timbuktu) set to one computer's IP address, and I want to switch it to allow me to see a different computer's address, what command do I use in the router for that?
Thanks
Zeebe,

There's a couple things you could do, you could just setup another port so you can see both computers. There are several sites that list alternate port numbers for Timbuktu, then you can port map the router to the machine you want to view. Sometimes I also use the trick of getting into one computer and then viewing another from the computer on the internal network. Works a little slow, but it does work.

Here is a link that shows you all the ports that can be configured:
http://www.opendoor.com/doorstop/ports.html

There is also a technote about Timbuktu and configuring the ports.

Nice to see another fellow MN person on here, hope this helps.

big_kahuna
It's all just a bunch of ones and zeros!

zeebe  (op)
Grizzled Veteran
Dec 5, 2003, 01:03 PM

OK, thanks I got that information, but what do I type to add a port, It has been so long since I did and I can't find my information on it.

Support a charity as you search the Internet - Use GoodSearch - I support Sacred Heart School.

Forum Links
Forum Rules