Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > MacBook iSight DOA...

MacBook iSight DOA...
JustinD
Dedicated MacNNer
May 22, 2006, 12:50 PM

Argh! just got my black MacBook, and the iSight is DOA. Can't believe it! Yet another product from my favorite company that's had some sort of major, known issue within the first 3 months. Sending it back and playing the waiting game for the replacement.

Apparently there's a few more issues just like mine:

http://discussions.apple.com/thread....sageID=2358600
*justin

Isn't logic swell? It gives answers without really answering anything!

masugu
Senior User
May 22, 2006, 12:54 PM

Oy...

Is it just me - or are there more issues than expected on MacBooks & MacBook Pros Vs. prior new product intros?
masugu - "Straight Ahead"
BlacBook Core Duo / Original Intel-based MB - DIY Core i7 PC |

icruise
Moderator Emeritus
May 22, 2006, 12:59 PM

It does seem like it, but of course you have to keep in mind that we in these forums are tuned in to just about every problem that occurs (and few that apparently haven't, like the black MacBook's finish flaking). And what with the switch to Intel, people have been been paying more attention Apple's portables than in any time in recent memory. So the actual rate of failure may not be anywhere near what it seems like from reading the threads here and on Apple's forums.

JustinD  (op)
Dedicated MacNNer
May 22, 2006, 01:16 PM

Unfortunately, I kinda expected having SOME problem with it. A few recent Apple purchases and their failures have been:

• Dual 2.0 G5 - known video card issue, replaced
• iMac G5 20" - known video issue, replaced mobo
• black iPod nano - scratched right out of the box (manufacturing issue, and yes they were real, serious scratches right across the scrollwheel!)

We buy tons of iBooks at my office - comparing all the original, 500MHz iBooks to all the newer G4 ones, the newer ones have had all manner of trouble, compared to barely any with the original ones. We've still got the 500MHz one chugging along...
*justin

Isn't logic swell? It gives answers without really answering anything!

Forum Links
Forum Rules