Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > macOS > Why I'm glad this Macworld was a flop as they say...OSX related.

Why I'm glad this Macworld was a flop as they say...OSX related.
AG3
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jul 18, 2001, 08:17 PM

I am glad (not a pcboy troll) that this macworld was seen as a flop becase it will mean apple's next few months will have to depend on making money from OSX and not always selling overpriced hardware.
Now that the hardware is out of the way (nothing special), apple will now have to focus on getting OSX right!
I mean we can only buy so many macs, but no good software will encourage us to be on them less. I have seen alot of ppl sayin how disappointed they are, and how they were saving for a new G4 but now will buy a pc, all I can say to them is we buy apple for their os and not their overpriced hardware. You might buy an AMD system for $1999 but in the end you dont have OSX. That matters alot, and the more they get osx right, the more it will be a more obvious and important factor when choosing a platform.
Look proof macs are overpriced is seen in how cheap the 733 mhx g4 went down in price and how they cheapened it a bit to save and make profit.
They also opted for the $150 aus Nvidia mx card.
If apple were smart they'd make the top of the range mac cost what the mid range costs and vice versa...The top of the range is just too overpriced.
It's all about the appz, appz will make ppl stay, OSX appz must be bought out in time...OS 10.1 should have been ready or atleast moonlight classic should have been freely d/l'ed. That i tell you is where they really flopped. OSX is always alll about "waiting", we want to finally see results after waiting 8 years to speak. (when talking about the next gen os apple has always promised)

I will never buy another mac UNTIL IBM makes the chips.
Till then I hope sonnet can release G3 chips at 700mhz like in the imacs at competative prices. Upgrading older macs is also another bad apple trait.

Hold your faith in OSX and not in Hardware!

Nonsuch
Professional Poster
Jul 18, 2001, 08:21 PM

Originally posted by AG3:
<STRONG>I will never buy another mac UNTIL IBM makes the chips.</STRONG>
Have fun shopping for that new iMac. IBM makes all the G3s in Apple's desktops.
Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have found out the exact measure of injustice and wrong which will be imposed upon them.

-- Frederick Douglass, 1857

AG3  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jul 18, 2001, 08:36 PM

IBM makes the imac g3 chips...Look how far they've come, no MHZ boost problems for IBM, infact G3 was meant to max out at 450mhz motorola
once said.
Motorola makes the G4's...Look at the lies having to be told to cover up for the fact they can't reach over 900MHZ, dual systems dont really cut
it no-more...
MHZ does matter in alot of things...Why doesn't fatboy Schiller do some GAMING benchmarks instead of always Photoshop. When it comes to graphics, macs are meant to be the leaders, well games are graphics, and its know that games PUSH hardware sales and innovations!
AMD thunderbirds get totally monsterous benchmarks in games when compared against G4's, both decked out with geforce 3's. FACT!
Sure it's alot about bus systems too but MHZ is what runs the bus, so MHZ does matter...The new G4 case is cool, but should have been introduced when G4 went to 133mhz bus...case is evolution and nothing special if that.

(note. Im a mac realist, im all for the preservation and integrity of macs, not lies to cover up for shareholders)

KidRed
Professional Poster
Jul 18, 2001, 09:01 PM

I personally don't like the new G4 cases. I hated them spy photos when we thought they were fake, so I can't go back on that knowing that they were real. The sad thing is is that I was waiting for the new case/speed bump to buy a new G4, but now I am going to wait for the new revision.
All Your Signature Are Belong To Us!

Forum Links
Forum Rules