Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > DiskWarrior can't boot in 10.2.7

DiskWarrior can't boot in 10.2.7
TiUser
Sep 22, 2003, 08:30 AM

Hi, I was trying to boot from DW in my new AL 15" running OS 10.2.7. After what seems like an eternity, all I get is a blue screen. I have DW 3.0 and it has worked fine in my Ti running 10.2.6. Can someone please confirm that DW is bootable under the OS shipped with newer Macs? Thanks.

Spheric Harlot
Clinically Insane
Sep 22, 2003, 08:59 AM

"booting from the CD" means that you're not using the OS on the hard drive. It means you're booting using the OS on the CD.

If your DiskWarrior CD came as a 10.2.6 boot disk, it won't boot on machines that require a newer OS version - like the new Alu Powerbooks or the G5 (they *require* 10.2.7 or later).

Three possible solutions I can think of:

1. Create a new boot CD for Diskwarrior with 10.2.7 (using BootCD or similar tools; search for them on http://www.macupdate.com )

2. Contact Alsoft and have them send you a new CD that will boot on your machine

3. Install OS X and Diskwarrior on an external hard drive (such as an iPod), and boot from that.

-s*

Forum Links
Forum Rules