Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > 12" PowerBook Trackpad Issue

12" PowerBook Trackpad Issue
Indy 23
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jun 27, 2004, 07:14 PM

I recently upgraded from a 60GB hard drive to an 80GB hard drive(@5400rpm instead of 4200) and now the trackpad doesn't work-meaning no response whatsoever. Has anyone else experienced problems with their trackpads? I would greatly appreciate some help, since I have to plug in a usb mouse every time I use my PowerBook, which defeats the purpose of buying a super-portable computer. Oh, the Powerbook is only 4 weeks-old . Any suggestions would be helpful. Thanks!

KidKit
Forum Regular
Jun 27, 2004, 09:44 PM

Did you have apple/licensed service depot do the upgrade or did you take it apart yourself?

It might be a simple as the trackpad cable not being reconnected properly the the topcase was reassembled... if you took it apart before, it might help to simply check all the connections you made during reaasembly again.

But if you had apple or someone else service the powerbook, I'd just take it back to them to demand repairs... especially since Apple is finicky with honoring the warranty for endusers who tinkered with their powerbooks.
mavafyipdq

Forum Links
Forum Rules