Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Desktops > Back to School Specials ???

Back to School Specials ???
hab
Forum Regular
Jun 3, 2011, 03:34 PM

Has there been any talk of a BTS promotion this year? In previous years, there has been a buy a computer get an iPod deal. I have not heard a thing this year. When are they announced? Should I wait to buy the new laptop I am planning or do folks think that, given their market dominance, Apple does not need to go this route and will not bother this year. Any thoughts or opinion welcome. Many thanks.
21.5" iMac 2.7GHz i5; 15" FP iMac 0.8GHz G4, iPhone 5S

Waragainstsleep
Posting Junkie
Jun 3, 2011, 03:44 PM

I heard a rumour they were going to allow the $200 off an iPad or iPod. Not convinced though, they are currently not giving any discounts whatsoever on ipad through the usual retail and business channels.
I have plenty of more important things to do, if only I could bring myself to do them....

Big Mac
Clinically Insane
Jun 3, 2011, 09:01 PM

Maybe on the iPod to spur demand, but there's no need to add additional demand for the iPad.

"The natural progress of things is for liberty to yield and government to gain ground." TJ

andi*pandi
Jun 7, 2011, 04:48 PM

They usually do that to burn off older ipods, don't they?

Thorzdad
Jun 20, 2011, 06:55 PM

Reports seem to indicate this year's BTS deal will be a $100 Apple gift card. Lame.

Forum Links
Forum Rules