Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > macOS > Wanna change the "Iteam Info" Color? Look here.

Wanna change the "Iteam Info" Color? Look here.
Liquidity X
Mac Elite
Sep 6, 2002, 12:13 PM

Well with about 5 minutes of messing around I figured it out. I mad mine graphite to match my theme.

Ok, heres the easyest way to fo it. Get "ThemePark" and open up a copy of yer "extras.rsrc".

Then select the "clr#"
Then select "(384)"
See the 1 blue square, thats it, use the built in color manager to change it. save. Move the unedited one to the trash, and move the edited one in, make sure its named correctly. Reboot and ta da its now the new color enjoy!

Liquidity X  (op)
Mac Elite
Sep 6, 2002, 12:15 PM

P.S. If some one wants to make a PrefPane to do this that would rock! now its off to try to change those "blue white blue white" lines that are in ichat, addy book etc. ........

seb2
Grizzled Veteran
Sep 6, 2002, 01:47 PM

Originally posted by Liquidity X:
P.S. If some one wants to make a PrefPane to do this that would rock! now its off to try to change those "blue white blue white" lines that are in ichat, addy book etc. ........
if they're storing the color in those apps the same way they do in their adc sample code, you won't be lucky. they're not stored as colors but as three floats (computer talk: numbers, basically) with the red, green and blue amounts of the color.

you could look for those values, though...

Liquidity X  (op)
Mac Elite
Sep 6, 2002, 02:08 PM

that whati am doing, unsanity is "thinking" about making a app that wpl;d allow u to change them to work woth there new APE syteme. hopefully thay can do it.

Liquidity X  (op)
Mac Elite
Sep 6, 2002, 02:55 PM

also if any one wants, the graphite color i :

Color Sliders/ RGB slider
R:115
G:132
B:153

Liquidity X  (op)
Mac Elite
Sep 6, 2002, 02:56 PM

but that will be in 3.5 of graphite aqua due out very soon. just waiting for iCal to be relased really, donlt worry, i'v ealready patched it

Forum Links
Forum Rules