Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > Pulled the Trigger

Pulled the Trigger
Crusoe
Mac Enthusiast
Oct 20, 2003, 06:56 AM

I ordered a custom 1Ghz 15". Added the superdrive, backlit keyboard and AE. I will be adding a 3rd Party 512MB chip to bump it to 768MB. By the time I verify my status and credit card info and it hits production, I'm guessing it'll have Panther pre-installed and Pantherized restore CD. 2 days to verify and 7-10 to produce.

I basically save $240 and am getting plenty of power for my needs. My current TiBook 500Mhz does everything I need cept not enough vid memory (8MB). I'm giddy!
If a group of mimes are miming a forest and one falls down, does he make a sound?

EvanV
Forum Regular
Oct 20, 2003, 09:23 AM

Nah, I don't think it will have Panther. Myn ships on the 10/31/03 and I phoned and asked and they said they will announce when they will start shipping Panther with new Macs. All he said to me was apply for an update when I get the system

Crusoe  (op)
Mac Enthusiast
Oct 20, 2003, 09:44 AM

Blech, I couldn't wait any longer. Would be nice if they atleast throw in the update CD and save me the $20, but now even that doesn't seem likely.
If a group of mimes are miming a forest and one falls down, does he make a sound?

bigben1024
Oct 20, 2003, 05:56 PM

I'm waiting until saturday to buy my powerbook 15. It is difficult, but I have enough programming and survey assignments from grad school to keep me preoccupied. (I almost broke down and bought it today, but bit my tounge, cause I will need the $20 for something else.)
<fancy signature here>

iXavier
Dedicated MacNNer
Oct 20, 2003, 06:08 PM

I just bought the 12" Al PB today and I ordered the Panther CD from the Apple Store online.

It is a pain to have to pay for it so close to the release date, but I figure that I want a retail box and this is the cheapest way to get one. All in all, I'm loving my new PowerBook.

x.

Forum Links
Forum Rules