Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > macOS > Background picture reverts to plain blue screen

Background picture reverts to plain blue screen
Zemrec
Sep 29, 2004, 10:47 AM

I think I have found a bug in 10.3. I have an AlBook 15" 1.25ghz, currently 10.3.5, but it seems to have been a bug since at least 10.3.0. I alternate between using the built-in screen, to monitor spanning with my 19" LCD, to using the 19" soley (PB in a "docked" mode.)

What happens is that, every so often when switching between the above configurations, the background will revert to a plain blue screen. It happens on either of my screens when I make a change. But it doesn't happen consistently. Sometimes the background does this if I simply have it go to sleep and then wake it up sometime later.

The Desktop & Screensaver control panel still has a thumbnail of the correct picture. If I select another picture it will then bring that one up, and I then can go back to the original one. Or if I change the screen res to something else it comes back, and stays there when I go back to the original again.

What's going on? I've reinstalled the OS twice since I got the 'book (for unrelated reason, to install linux on a separate partition and then later take it off), but I have backed up and restored my user preferences. Not sure if there's something borked in there or not. I have tried deleting com.apple.desktop.plist but no change. Maybe thats the wrong file?

Forum Links
Forum Rules