Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > Roadrunner Cable Modem

Roadrunner Cable Modem
bcollins
Apr 3, 1999, 11:22 AM

Anybody else having trouble once in a while with their Roadrunner cable modem service?? 3-4 times a week I've been unable to connect and when talking to the non-Mac conversant tech support get told that the problem must be on my end. I have tried reloading 8.1, trashing the pref files, and reinstalling the Roadrunner software with no luck. Beginning to think it must be their end with the fast pace of people hooking up service.

Once connected have had no problem, even during the evening busy times see 70-90K/sec.

Thanks in advance.
Bob

Calazoni
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Apr 11, 1999, 08:23 PM

I have the same problem, from time to time, I can't access road runner. I get an OT error or something. I think there is something wrong with their software. My room mate has a PC, and he never ran into such a problem (strange).

alex
Apr 15, 1999, 10:49 AM

I live in Columbus, OH and I've got the same issues with RoadRunner. (I've also used RR in San Diego and it works perfectly on the Mac, which is rather suprising...)

I've noticed that rebooting and clearing the PRAM (Command-Option-P-R) is the only way to make my computer logon successfully.

One other trick is to logon, and then force-quit the LogIn program. This will leave you connect forever, even after shut-downs and reboots.

Furthermore, edit you preference file for the LogIn program to let you retry more than 1 time

Hopefully RoadRunner or Apple will fix this problem soon because it's a real pain.

-- Alex

Forum Links
Forum Rules