Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Consumer Hardware & Components > Audio CD burning Probs

Audio CD burning Probs
braveheart
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jun 24, 2000, 08:08 PM

um Hi

I've had a QPS Firewire 8x8x32 (i think...close to that anyway) for about 2 months now. I've LOVED it, done me wonders at work and for just fun. However recent problems have arose when writing audio CD's. The CD is fine in my G4, but when I put it in a norm CD player...not reconized. This problem began a few days ago, and to my knowledge I have not changed anything.
I upgraded to Toast 4.1, and firewire 2.4, and then downgraded back to Toast 4.0.1.1 and firewire 2.33 but no change. I'm sure it is something stupid I changed and didn't relize....any ideas. THANKS!!

iBorg
Grizzled Veteran
Jun 24, 2000, 08:23 PM

While I can't answer your question, you may be able to help me!

You have the very CD-RW I'm thinking of buying (Que Firewire CD-RW 8x4x32, right?), but want to use it with my Pismo 500 - do you know of any problems burning CD's with a PowerBook? Also, I note that QPS' website says that the Direct CD for Mac will be "available soon." - any info on when that will be?

Thanks for any help you can give!

iBorg

[This message has been edited by iBorg (edited 06-24-2000).]
MacBook Pro 2.33GHz, 15.4" Glossy, 160GB - and loving it!

Cipher13
Jun 24, 2000, 10:50 PM

If you are using a CD-RW then that is your problem. Audio CD players can't read them (nor can any computer that doesn't have a multi-read CD drive).
Use a CD-R amd it will be fine.
Another thing to keep in mind is that an audio CD player can only see the first session of a CD. Make sure you are only burning the audio files - nothing else.
Is it set to Audio CD mode?
When playing form the G4 can you play through Apple CD player? If so then the CD player is having problems seeing the CD.
Use a better brand CD. Try Verbatim's - they are the best.
Use aiffs as the source files, not mp3's.

Cipher13

braveheart  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jun 25, 2000, 02:24 AM

well guys....in answer to the help

I am using Verbatium (however you spell it) CD-R's...nothing but the best for me, which is why I use a Macintosh hehe anyway...When playing from the G4, I use Audio CD player and it works just fine. it's ONLY on regular CD players. And yes, I only burn one session. Oh, i'm copying an actual CD disk, but it's not an audio setting problem (unless there is a copy protect i'm not aware of)

but thank you very must for the thoughts...every little bit helps.

[This message has been edited by braveheart (edited 06-25-2000).]

Cipher13
Jun 25, 2000, 06:40 AM

If you're trying to copy an actual disc then thats the problem. It just doesn't work well. Rip the tracks to your HD (with Toast CD Audio Extractor) and then burn from them.

Cipher13

braveheart  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jun 25, 2000, 09:40 AM

thanks..i'll try that and see what happens. I'll post the results when I get to it

Forum Links
Forum Rules