Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Consumer Hardware & Components > canon lide scanner drivers on tiger

canon lide scanner drivers on tiger
butter71
Forum Regular
May 8, 2005, 10:48 PM

it seems that the canoscan drivers don't run under tiger.
i sent them mail but haven't received a reply.

anyone gotten them to work or received any information?

thanks.

Camali
Mac Enthusiast
May 9, 2005, 12:14 AM

They work for me, however I'm using a Canon LiDE 30 and I've been able to scan through Photoshop, which really is how i scan things anyway.

Perhapds you should try re-installing again.

butter71  (op)
Forum Regular
May 9, 2005, 01:33 PM

i've tried re-installing multiple times.

i also use photoshop (cs2) to scan. it keeps complaining that the scanner is not connected. which version of photoshop are you running?

did you have the drivers installed before you upgraded to tiger? maybe it's a problem with the installer?

Mediaman_12
Professional Poster
May 9, 2005, 03:41 PM

Humm? I didn't do anything special when upgrading to Tiger or CS2 (I just moved the scanner plugin from the CS1 folder to the CS2 one) and my LiDE 20 is working fine (not done any scanning since Tiger/CS2 so I just tested it). I have upgraded to a G5 (with Panther) though, and I had used drivers from Canon's site instead of digging out the original CD, perhaps they where updated?

Chito
Senior User
May 9, 2005, 05:49 PM

I've got a LiDE 80 scanner and I was getting the same message after installing Tiger. I d/l the newest version of their drivers and re-installed and now everything works for me.
Never argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

clairejr
Fresh-Faced Recruit
May 11, 2005, 06:38 AM

Canon has posted Tiger compatible drivers for some of its newer scanners and promises new drivers for older scanners soon. Check canon's site.

weldon
Fresh-Faced Recruit
May 15, 2005, 06:38 PM

I can't seem to get to the driver download page for the LiDE 30. If I'm at the product support page for the LiDE 30 ( http://consumer.usa.canon.com/ir/con...5&modelid=6623 ) clicking on "drivers" opens a new window that is completely blank. The source for the page ( http://consumer.usa.canon.com/ir/con...SC&clickSrc=DR) shows that there is a javascript thing that is supposed to run and submit some hidden fields to a form. I don't know enough to figure out how to trick it into sending me to the right page.

This script doesn't redirect me on Firefox or IE 6 on Windows XP or with Safari, Explorer or Firefox on Mac OS X Tiger.

Any ideas for how to get the updated drivers? I need to scan some pictures for a graduating senior recognition dinner on Wednesday and I don't want to spend $90 on VueScan for something that should work for free. VueScan works with the scanner perfectly. I just haven't been able to get the PowerBook to recognize the scanner (using the CanoScan app) since I upgraded to 10.3.8 or so.

I've tried the driver uninstall utility 2.22x and reinstalled Canoscan 4.3.1.0 and ScanGear CS 7.2x.

I really need some help to get this working again.
( Last edited by weldon; May 15, 2005 at 07:20 PM. )

ism
Grizzled Veteran
May 15, 2005, 07:04 PM

LiDE 35 works ok here. Re-installed original drivers after installing Tiger.

weldon
Fresh-Faced Recruit
May 15, 2005, 07:22 PM

I was able to resolve my problem by going to the www.canon.ca site and downloading the driver uninstall utility and the 7.0X driver from that site. I still can't get on to the www.usa.canon.com driver download page.

lemketron
Fresh-Faced Recruit
May 17, 2005, 01:44 AM

Originally Posted by butter71

Haven't tried it yet, but searching Google for "Tiger Canoscan" prior to upgrading my wife's Mac turned up this link, where "Download Driver" appears to have new Tiger-compatible (for some Canon definition of "Compatible" <grin>) drivers for the Canoscan (series?).

http://consumer.usa.canon.com/ir/con...r#New%20Window

I'm hoping someone else will try it first and report back whether it works (at least as well as on Panther) or if I'm asking for troubleif I upgrade my wife's machine and in the process, break her scanner...

bbales
Mac Elite
May 17, 2005, 02:30 PM

I have the LIDE 30 scanner and had to reinstall the drivers and then restart the machine. I'm scanning via Photoshop. Just scanned something and all was well. I didn't download off the web page, though; I had my original installation disk and those drivers seemed to work just fine.

kymacman
Fresh-Faced Recruit
May 17, 2005, 09:45 PM

Originally Posted by butter71

thanks.
I have a Lide 50 that I bought at Staples for $40. I'm using it with my 4th gen. 15" powerbook via a USB 2.0 connection. It works fine with 10.4.1, as it did with 10.4, as it did with 10.3.9.

I did download the latest driver from the Canon website to get it to work, but since then, it's been great (for what it is--an inexpensive scanner).

MU84
Fresh-Faced Recruit
May 25, 2005, 10:41 AM

In my innocence, I downloaded the latest driver for the LiDE 50 from Canon's web site when I upgraded to Tiger. Nothing I did (and I tried everything) would get it to work. It had worked flawlessly under the previous incarnations of OS X. I went back to the original driver included on the CD-ROM packaged with the scanner and it's been working like a champ under Tiger. Go figure.
128K -> IIcx -> PowerBook 140 -> Quadra 660AV -> iMac G3 DV -> iMac G4 15" -> PowerBook 12" C

Apfhex
Mac Elite
May 26, 2005, 11:38 PM

Originally Posted by weldon
I can't seem to get to the driver download page for the LiDE 30. If I'm at the product support page for the LiDE 30 ( http://consumer.usa.canon.com/ir/con...5&modelid=6623 ) clicking on "drivers" opens a new window that is completely blank. The source for the page ( http://consumer.usa.canon.com/ir/con...SC&clickSrc=DR) shows that there is a javascript thing that is supposed to run and submit some hidden fields to a form. I don't know enough to figure out how to trick it into sending me to the right page.
Turn Pop-up blocking off! Trust me, it works (unless you had it off and are still having the problem). That's what happened to me when I first went to Canon's site.

My LiDE 35 is working flawlessly in Tiger, with an Archive & Install and a spring fresh install of Adobe CS2. Afterwards I downloaded the Scangear software (7.7.0) and installed. I also have the Canoscan Toolbox (sucky as ever, but it works).
Mac OS X 10.5.0, Mac Pro 2.66GHz/2 GB RAM/X1900 XT, 23" ACD
esdesign

Forum Links
Forum Rules