Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > Need help with Powerpoint for Mac.

Need help with Powerpoint for Mac.
Chilliker
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Sep 16, 2005, 03:14 PM

I'm new to Mac and im use to using Powerpoint for PC. I use to be able to move things buti cant do it with Mac. What I mean is that you could have a picture move anywhere in the slide you wanted it to by drawing a path. How can I do this with Mac?

Shades of Gray
Dedicated MacNNer
Sep 16, 2005, 07:50 PM

Not sure what you mean by "drawing a path". I use PPT on Windows every day at work, and PPT 2004 on the Mac at home. Can you explain a little more?
Ignore the argumentative nature of this poster. He is old and can't engage in meaningful dialog
very long. Therefore, management asks that you at least humor him. Thanks.

PurpleGiant
Mac Elite
Sep 16, 2005, 09:06 PM

Yes I'm not quite sure what you mean either. My experience with both PowerPoint for Windows and Mac is that they work essentially the same way.

Which version of PowerPoint are you using? 2004?

Chilliker  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Sep 17, 2005, 12:44 PM

Yes I am using 2004 and I'll try to explain myself better. in older versions of Powerpoint I use to be able to move pictures around the slide with a "line" I could draw. For example I would put a picture in the on the left bottom corner and I could draw a line and the image would move to where I had drawn the line. Like following the line so I could "draw a path". Is this better?

Boochie
Mac Enthusiast
Sep 18, 2005, 03:03 PM

That particular feature isn't available in PPT 2004. Interestingly, if you import a powerpoint file from a PC that has enabled motion paths for graphics or text it'll animate them properly in slide show mode, but you can't create or edit them.

Forum Links
Forum Rules