Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Desktops > Cinema Display 20" problems

Cinema Display 20" problems
DukeS
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 26, 2006, 05:12 PM

Hi!

I have PowerMac Dual 2.0 and Apple Cinema display 20". Problem is that when I put computer to sleep it turn itself on again and this is caused by the display (if I unplug it computer goes to sleep normally). And also if I turn off display by pressing its power button it wont turn on again (I have to unplug it from adapter and then plug it in again to work). And also brighteness (if brightness level reaches about 25% it starts flashing).

Does anybody know what is going on?

Thanks in advance for your help

Boochie
Mac Enthusiast
Feb 26, 2006, 06:30 PM

Doesn't sound right. I have the same monitor both at home and work, and I've never seen anything like the behavior you describe. I'd suggest calling Apple tech support.

24klogos
Forum Regular
Mar 1, 2006, 11:30 PM

buddy i have your answer
i bought a 23 inch and did exactly the same thing, it was so odd that i had to ship it back to apple. you would not believe it but its the power brick, and the more u unplug and plug it back to use your screen the worse its gonna get, before you know it wont turn back on again... get your apple care out, read the serial number and send that sucker back to California....

aint nothing you can do, displays and ipods are the only products you HAVE to ship back, nobody can repair them other than apple, even if its a stupid power brick.
"He uses statistics as a drunken man uses lamp-posts... for support rather than illumination."
Andrew Lang (1844-1912)

ReggieX
Professional Poster
Mar 3, 2006, 03:36 PM

In the Display control panel there's an option to ignore the power button, try that?
The Lord said 'Peter, I can see your house from here.'

Forum Links
Forum Rules