Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > iTunes/Music App Syncing Hurts!

iTunes/Music App Syncing Hurts!
Salty
Professional Poster
Dec 23, 2015, 03:23 AM

Hurts. There is no word better to describe what iTunes syncing to iOS devices has become. Remember before when you'd click your iPhone in to the 30 pin connect and it'd be like, "Don't you dare unplug me you bastard or I'll break all the things!" Now iOS is just like, don't worry I can handle it. But you didn't really want this new album to sync at 128 kbps did you? No you want to have to download it through the iTunes app on the phone at 320 kbps. Because that way your 64 gig iPhone will start to feel small and piddly and you'll buy a 128 gig next time!

And oh you didn't want this album of MP3s you got from noise trade. No no no, let's just grey them out on the iPhone. Here iTunes will show you the album if you check your iPhone through it, but it's greyed out, with little dotty circles. Clearly we both know that you'd like this album on your iPhone. And clearly I, iTunes know that it's not on your phone, because I've greyed it out. But I'm going to sync every track that you have except this album! But don't worry you can force it to happen by setting iTunes to manually sync things, you can delete it, you can then try and drag it over, but that won't work. So you can then set it back to sync and it'll sync that album. And 7 thousand more tracks. 7398 tracks to be exact. Not the entire 8335 tracks in your library. But pretty close! And why? No reason. But expect at least a hundred of these tracks to randomly lose the last half of themselves. It's just gone it'll jump to another song! Because iTunes hates you! iTunes hates us all!

But just wait until you switch to Apple Music bwhahaha, that's when we really get you!

Twich twich ... iTunes may have broken my brain tonight. Merry Christmas!

andi*pandi
Dec 23, 2015, 09:41 AM

that was funny, well-written. I have no room on my phone for music as it is, so I just manually sync one or two playlists. And I do hate how they have hidden the way to add tracks to things. Used to be easy. Even worse on Windows iTunes, adding stuff to my son's ipod... UI was totally different. We figured it out, but it was a bit embarrassing not being able to just do it right off!

Forum Links
Forum Rules