Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > [Gossip] TV-actress dies trying to save life of a hedgehog

[Gossip] TV-actress dies trying to save life of a hedgehog
TETENAL
Addicted to MacNN
Jun 10, 2005, 08:52 AM

A 21 years old TV-actress (not very popular though, I don't think I have ever seen her) died yesterday while trying to save the life of a hedgehog. Ironically the hedgehog survived the accident.

(s)

I know comments will be that "her life is no more worth than that of any other non-celebrity person", and that's true, but from a gossip point of view her death is kind of tragic and unjust.

f1000
Professional Poster
Jun 11, 2005, 09:59 PM

That sucketh, but life is cruel.

KeriVit
Professional Poster
Jun 11, 2005, 10:24 PM

and this gossip would come from...?

Kilbey
Baninated
Jun 11, 2005, 10:29 PM

People die in various stupid ways. I assume she thought she wasn't doing anything dangerous and then things went bad quickly. Do you have a link or story with more information?

She was very pretty. What is her name and what was she in.

TETENAL  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Jun 11, 2005, 10:52 PM

Originally Posted by Kilbey
People die in various stupid ways. I assume she thought she wasn't doing anything dangerous and then things went bad quickly. Do you have a link or story with more information?
All news in German only, so the SPIEGEL ONLINE article I linked to is as good as any other. Basically she stopped her car as she has seen a hedgehog, left the car, tried to carry the hedgehog off the street so that it is not run over by a car, and then was run over by a car. Why she thought the street is too dangerous for a hedgehog but not for herself we will probably never know. If she would have known and had the choice between the life of the hedgehog an herself I bet she would have chosen herself. It seems senseless to die for a hedgehog.
She was very pretty. What is her name and what was she in.
Julia Palmer-Stoll. I'm not aware that I have ever seen her though.

Is this Darwinism maybe? Maybe human race is not meant to feel too much sympathy with other creatures. It is hard to accept that such a death is purely senseless so I feel tempted to find some explanation for it.

Face Ache
Addicted to MacNN
Jun 12, 2005, 12:15 AM

Poor hedgehog.

"HEY LADY! PUT ME DOWN! THERE'S A F*CKING CAR COMING!"

Kilbey
Baninated
Jun 12, 2005, 12:50 AM

Originally Posted by TETENAL
All news in German only, so the SPIEGEL ONLINE article I linked to is as good as any other.
On second look I found the link. Could you have made it smaller?
Originally Posted by TETENAL
Is this Darwinism maybe? Maybe human race is not meant to feel too much sympathy with other creatures. It is hard to accept that such a death is purely senseless so I feel tempted to find some explanation for it.
Darwinism, no. Couldn't blame be possibly laid on the driver of the vehicle that hit her?

TETENAL  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Jun 12, 2005, 02:54 PM

Couldn't blame be possibly laid on the driver of the vehicle that hit her?
You could do that of course, and the family is now suing the driver of the other car. Apparently she left the long distance light on on her car and that's why the other driver didn't see her.

http://www.spiegel.de/panorama/0,1518,360179,00.html
(German)

Stogieman
Addicted to MacNN
Jun 12, 2005, 03:35 PM

Here are the results translating that article using the language translator widget in Dashboard.

- Family of "Marienhof" star wants to sue misfortune drivers

After the traffic death of the "Marienhof" Darstellerin Julia Palmer Stoll there are obviously doubts about the accident course of events at the family of the 21-Jaehrigen. A consultant was assigned the reconstruction of the happening. The members want to sue the accident driver for smart money.

Hamburg - "there are questions, which must be clarified", said the lawyer of the father of Palmer Stoll, Lutz Libbertz, the "picture on Sunday". "I have my doubts that circumstances are as clear as assumed." An expert is to reconstruct now according to Libbertz among other things the rate of the accident car. One wants to sue the driver for smart money.

Palmer Stoll, which played the nurse Simone for some time in "Marienhof", was in the night to Thursday with the attempt to save a hedgehog of a much driven on road in Dachau from an auto over-drives.
After the first determinations the 21-Jaehrige had stored its vehicle on the roadway of the main street at the Dachauer city boundary and had left the high beam switched on, when she ran to the hedgehog on the Gegenfahrbahn. The hazard warning flasher was not obviously switched on, the driver of the accident auto apparent by the high beam was dazzled and entered the woman, whom it drug along still 30 meters, before its auto came to a halt.
The driver was after the accident under shock and could give few specification first the accident course of events. In the Saturday output the "picture" the 41-jaehrige refuge W. protested then, it with its OPEL Corsa "at the most speed 45" drove, has however probably at the soil does not kneel-end Palmer Stoll nevertheless not to see to be able.
The police announced likewise an appraisal. "it is to clarify whether the driver could have avoided the accident at dark night", said a police speaker.

Slick shoes?! Are you crazy?!

Forum Links
Forum Rules