Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > Reminders not staying organized

Reminders not staying organized
Ham Sandwich
Nov 17, 2015, 11:32 AM

Greetings.

Why are my Reminders not staying in order?

I have an extra list, and whenever I try to move items that I want into the order that I want, and then relaunch Reminders, they are in some other order (usually the last one that it was in before I closed it).

I tried deleting the items of interest, one or two at a time, then relaunching Reminders, then adding them to the bottom of the list, then relaunching, then moving them to whatever order I want. That still didn't work.

This was NOT such a big issue in 10.10, but has been since the last beta and final release of 10.11.

What's going on??

abbaZaba
Mac Elite
Nov 17, 2015, 01:40 PM

View -> Sort Order -> Manual
( Last edited by abbaZaba; Nov 18, 2015 at 11:36 AM. )

Ham Sandwich
Nov 17, 2015, 02:39 PM

That's what I've always used, Manual.

Ham Sandwich
Dec 14, 2015, 07:29 AM

[...four weeks later...]

Greetings again. I have not yet received any other response to my thread concerning how Reminders is jumbling the order of my entries in one of my lists.

Also, I cannot send feedback to Feedback Assistant, because I received the following error message:

"Unable to sign in to Feedback Assistant.

Thank you for your patience. Please try again later."

Mac OS X 10.11.2 public release

Ham Sandwich
Jan 5, 2016, 01:35 PM

And here is another question:

Why do I have to re-order/update those same Reminders items on my iPod before they stay in the correct order on my Mac?

This appears to be an iOS-Mac-iCloud miscommunication bug that needs attention because of the persistence of this rather annoying issue.

Ham Sandwich
Jan 13, 2016, 06:54 PM

Also, why does iOS show how many Reminders are in each of my lists, but Mac OS X does not? The Mac OS X version of Reminders should show the total number of items in each list just as iOS does.

Ham Sandwich
Apr 11, 2016, 03:48 PM

[...3 months later...]

Originally Posted by And.reg View Post
Why do I have to re-order/update those same Reminders items on my iPod before they stay in the correct order on my Mac?
Same question.

Forum Links
Forum Rules