Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Consumer Hardware & Components > HP Scanjet 3570c > photoshop plugin?

HP Scanjet 3570c > photoshop plugin?
Nathan Adams
Dedicated MacNNer
Dec 26, 2002, 02:04 AM

Hi
I just got a HP Scanjet 3570c for christmas. whilst it initially had those slowing down the computer problems, downloading the new (195mb!!) drivers fixed that - and it's working well now. (trans scans aren't fanastic, but anything off the scanner glass comes up really nice)

Anyways, it says it has Twain drivers, and I would like to be able to scan from within photoshop (ie. via file > import). Anyone know how to get this to work?

Fingerbang
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Dec 27, 2002, 02:59 PM

Hi. I have the same scanner. It worked great until I updated to Jaguar. >

Are the new drivers working with 10.2.3?

Anyhow, to answer your question, just put the plugin in your photoshop plugins folder and then choose File>Import>HP Scanjet.
I want you to hit me as hard as you can.

Nathan Adams  (op)
Dedicated MacNNer
Dec 27, 2002, 04:18 PM

yeah, the new drivers on the HP website and 10.2.3 are working fine. No slowdown problems here.

Where about's is the plugin?
the plugins folder of the scanners folder is filled with xml and tif files - and they do sweet nothing sitting if I copy the xml's into the photoshop plugin folder.
Any chance you could upload the real plugin somewhere? (provided it's not too big)
I'm not too keen on downloading the entire driver again.

cheers

Forum Links
Forum Rules