Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > making a gif banner

making a gif banner
rlane
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jul 31, 2005, 02:16 AM

I am looking for a program that will allow me to combine several banners (gif images) for advertising. Thus, when someone clicks on a particular image, it will link to their site.

Basically, I am looking to do the same thing MacNN does with their above banner - when the page is refreshed, a new ad shows up,. etc.

Which program should I use with OSX?

thanks, robert

nbn22385
Dedicated MacNNer
Aug 1, 2005, 09:30 AM

Adobe Imageready can do gif's.

TETENAL
Addicted to MacNN
Aug 1, 2005, 09:55 AM

Originally Posted by rlane
I am looking for a program that will allow me to combine several banners (gif images) for advertising. Thus, when someone clicks on a particular image, it will link to their site.

Basically, I am looking to do the same thing MacNN does with their above banner - when the page is refreshed, a new ad shows up,. etc.

Which program should I use with OSX?

thanks, robert
It sounds like you are looking for PHP banner rotation script. PHP is a scripting language that is run by the server (not your Mac). That means that the server you are hosting your web-site with needs to have PHP enabled.

You can search Google for "PHP banner rotation" for several free sample scripts that do that for you. You can also search "PHP image rotation" for some simpler scripts (which might be easy to adopt to your particular needs)

Forum Links
Forum Rules