Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > GUI Customization > Shapeshifter problem related to UNO

Shapeshifter problem related to UNO
geirisk8
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jul 30, 2007, 07:02 PM

Hi,

I installed UNO a while ago and really like it. But now I want to try out some other themes by using Shapeshifter. I have it but it doesn't work.

Whenever I try to apply a theme nothing happens. Shapeshifter looks like it's doing what it's supposed to do, there's no error or anything. The theme just doesn't appear.

What could be the problem ?

Thanks in advance

cgc
Professional Poster
Jul 30, 2007, 07:56 PM

Did you uninstall Uno prior to running Shapeshifter? Do you have a SS theme selected and "Enable Shapeshifter" checked?

geirisk8  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jul 30, 2007, 10:47 PM

Yup !

I've tried uninstalling UNO and nothing happens. Even checked if the "Enable shapeshifter" box was ticked.

I find it quite weird. I've used shapeshifter before and it worked

Visualize
Forum Regular
Jul 31, 2007, 11:08 AM

Try Spotlighting for all things "unsanity". A few .plists will come up. Delete those related to ShapeShifter. You will have to enter your registration information again. Maybe it'll work - I heard from a few that it does. Maybe remove Shapeshifter.ape also + the prefpane for ShapeShifter. Empty the Trashcan, maybe with Force Empty and then install ShapeShifter2.4 again. But I have an idea that it's just the plists for some reason.

Forum Links
Forum Rules