Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > iPhone, iPad & iPod > ipad refresh date

ipad refresh date
gangster
Forum Regular
Jul 7, 2014, 09:58 PM

i had my retina mini stolen at work and am hesitant to buy another, even a apple refurbished unit. are we due for a refresh anytime soon or do you think another of the same is the best choice for now? i could wait a couple months if necessary.

thanks in advance.

Spheric Harlot
Clinically Insane
Jul 8, 2014, 06:36 AM

October.

andi*pandi
Jul 8, 2014, 10:44 AM

That sucks. Were you able to track it with find my phone? Or did your work just shrug and say meh?

My boss's iphone was swiped off her desk. We watched it drive away on find my phone, but the next day when it drove back to the building (!) security and the company refused to be involved or let her call the police. They just bought her another phone.

gangster  (op)
Forum Regular
Jul 8, 2014, 08:10 PM

so far i have no idea if they will help me...i have my doubts.

ghporter
Administrator
Jul 10, 2014, 07:01 AM

Andi's firm was trying to avoid publicity - and the impression that their building security sucks (which it does, given the reported circumstances).

Gangster, it can't hurt to ask your employer what to do. Their building security sucks too, but so far they haven't been able to tell you either call police or "don't call police!" Ask your boss and see what response you get. Once you ask, you'll know, and you can move forward (in what direction we don't know) from there.

Glenn -----OTR/L, MOT, Tx

Forum Links
Forum Rules